what a difference!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty3777

Reaction score
I bottled my second brew last night and will be buying the ingredients for my third today. There was a major difference between the first tasting of my first beer and the first tasting of my second beer.

The cider taste that was present in my first brew was not in the second beer. Probably because I didn't use sugar I found around the house - instead I used LME.

I also know the ABV because I took accurate gravity readings.

In all honesty - were it not for all that I learned on this forum - way more than I could have learned from a book because if the instantaneous interactivity this forum provides - I would have given up after the first beer! Thanks :mug:

You're not kidding. The stuff I've learned here about fermentation temps and yeast alone has made brewing a much more rewarding endeavor for me.

Monty, my experience mirrors yours almost exactly. I've learned so much on this forum in the last few weeks that I'm starting to feel like I actually know what I'm doing!

Thanks HBT!

Back