where to fill co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raf1919

Reaction score
i tried to search but to short of word.

where around carol stream area can i get co2 tank filled? i have a new tank so would prefer to fill not exchange.

I think there is a camping/trailer store around North Ave just west of 355. I cannot remember the name of it right now, but if nobody else posts a suggestion I will look when I drive past it on my way home from work. I don't know anything about them, only that they fill propane tanks.

I am still looking for a place out by my house in South Elgin as well.

I go to Terrace Supply in Schaumburg or Villa Park, but they exchange, not fill. Places that fill fire extinguishers will also do this, I know there is one in Elk Grove.

Call the closest Airgas office. They do tank exchanges, at least the branch on the Northside does. There are suburban branches. I am in the city and use NFC Company, a long haul for you of course but if you are ever in the city, they are great. They do refills, not tank exchanges, they will recertify tanks that are out of date, and they carry all kinds of kegging hardware and supplies.

No idea about IL....but after spending a few years of doing tanks refills, I just starting doing exchange. Refilling was a PITA (not open on weekends, had to wait for someone to help you, wait to have it filled, etc., and more expensive ($24 a fill).

Did an exchange this weekend: I was in/out in 5 minutes, for $18 bucks; and on a saturday to boot. Yeah, the tank isn't as pretty but who cares?

Just my 0.02.

Ignore my earlier suggestion, I was thinking propane not CO2. For CO2, I simply exchange my spare tank at Terrace Supply in Villa Park but that only happens when a friend of mine cannot simply swap the tank he got me from his work (he works for a vending company).

No idea about IL....but after spending a few years of doing tanks refills, I just starting doing exchange. Refilling was a PITA (not open on weekends, had to wait for someone to help you, wait to have it filled, etc., and more expensive ($24 a fill).

Did an exchange this weekend: I was in/out in 5 minutes, for $18 bucks; and on a saturday to boot. Yeah, the tank isn't as pretty but who cares?

Just my 0.02.

damn $18, what size tank? I just paid $27 to exchange a couple 20lbers

At NFC Company it is $20 for a 5lb, $20 for a 10, and $25 for a 20 lb. I heard Airgas recently raised prices (I know they were at $10 for a 5lb exchange but it's higher now).

I too have a brand new CO2 tank that I'm not ready to put into an exchange program quite yet. I have mine filled at a local fire extinguishers company in Lake Zurich (International Fire Equipment). A little pricey, at $19.00 for a 5 lb. tank, but worth the convenience since I live in the same town.

Back