Not Brewing Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I was about to start brewing a batch of American Wheat (since it's Memorial Day), but SWMBO just informed me that, since I have already brewed two weekends in a row, I need to slack off.

So, I am not brewing.

Instead, I am kegging a batch, cleaning the BB, cleaning another keg, working on the portable kegerator, working on and cleaning the main kegerator, swapping a blowoff tube for an airlock and possibly starting work on a bigger, 10 gallon MLT.

But, I am NOT brewing today.

Anybody else "not brewing" today?

:D

Yeah.. me too. Similar reasons, but I needed to get some things done.
Similar activities going on here, but my next batch is ready to go ! SWMBO is going to see family in 2 weeks, so there we go!

I'll try and fit in two batches that week!

I did my first double double Saturday. Brewed two all grain batches and bottled two. Usually one batch takes about 5 hours. Two batches took 8 hours. I started a gallon of mead yesterday. I really wanted to brew again today, but I already spent about $100.00 between ingredients and propane. So, I am not brewing today.

I, on the other hand am brewing today!! I've been brewing and in the brewery all wknd. I started with an American Wheat, Transferred the Haus Pale Ale, and am currently boiling a Black Ale. Trying to bulk up on volume, so next weekend I can take a bye and bottle the IPA and APA. But, like you, if I wasn't "brewing" I'd be in the brewery anyways! Have fun with your cleaning and renovations. Hey, maybe this is a good thing. Life has it's way of working our breweries out, eh? or umm.... SWMBO;):mug:

I'm not brewing today because:

- I have the ingredients for my first all-grain batch, but my brew kettle is not large enough and I haven't ordered a 60qt one yet.

- My ingredients for the next (and last for a while) extract batch have not arrived yet.

But I think we're grilling, so that'll keep me busy. :)

I'm not brewing today because I need another pot. I want to do an AG, five gallon batch but I only have a 4 gallon pot. I just drove down to the Target store but refuse to pay 50 bucks for a five gallon pot. I know I can get one cheaper.. but I don't really want to drive all over the city.

I know I can do AG on my stove with two pots, I just need to find another cheap pot.

You'll need a pot bigger than 5 gallons to do a 5 gallon full boil... At least 8 gallons, 10 would be better.

Not brewing here either, waiting for my new Primary to arrive. Should be here this week, so I'll be brewing next Sunday. It will be 6 weeks since I've brewed. Infections suck.

Back