Did I ruin my first batch?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMcPhee

Reaction score
The hell I did it's freaking awesome:mug::rockin:

Seriously I had to make a follow up post to my newb questions I posted on here a few weeks ago with this amazing news: I have literally made beer! Not even an alchoholic, fizzy grain juice concoction, but BEER! It's good! Hell no, it's delicious! The sensation of pouring the first bottle and seeing a head, and beer smell, and then tasting it ...

I'm blown away. Thanks for your tips and encouragement and resources of this forum. Second batch is in the secondary, third batch ingredients are being picked up from AHB tomorrow lunch time, and the wife has approved the budget for a kegging kit and a mini kegerator / bar in the garage for my april birthday.

Does it get any better than this?

....and the wife has approved the budget for a kegging kit and a mini kegerator / bar in the garage for my april birthday.

I HATE YOU!! But I do wish you the well.:D

I am still working on my SWMBO, but eventually she will fall - an I will prevail!

A dual tapper kegerator IS in my future!:rockin:

Congrats. I had the same first time experience this past weekend. I was amazed at how great my first batch came out despite a few noob mistakes.

Just don't tell your wife about the eventual purchases of additional kegs, wort chiller, Perlicks, Yeast stirrers, fancy brewpots, refractometers, all-grain equipment........

nice!! i dont know how, but i convinced my wife to start out with a kegging system. will be here this week! good luck and congrats with the brew. i cant wait for my first!

Latest posts

Back