homebrewstuff 32qt stainless kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etho1416

Reaction score
homebrewstuff 32qt stainless kettle

Is this thing any good? At only $99, with both a valve and thermometer, its seems to good to be true. Is it worth paying the extra $60 for a megapot?

I am looking to get a cheap boil kettle for 5 gallon all grain batches. I am used to cheap stuff, I have a william brewing 32qt kettle with valve that was only $85. The william brewing is only good as a mash tun though since it can't actually support a whole 5 gallon batch (the handles would break accoring to Williams).

I was in your position about two weeks ago. I went with a 40qt kettle from a local restaurant supplier for 50$, this kettle was aluminum but 1/4 inch thick. I then stopped at Midwestsupplies and bought a weldless kettle conversion kit. After getting the extra fittings I came out at about 100$ total for kettle. Good deal and I can go BIAB later if i want or AG.

The restaurant supplier www.arswarehouse.com

I use this kettle. It does well enough for 5 gallon batches. If you won't be upgrading to 10 gallon batches any time soon, it will work.

Only problem I've had with it is that for smaller beers, the mash doesn't quite reach the probe of the thermometer, which is set a bit high on the kettle. I use a probe thermometer in those cases.

I have one and used it for one batch of extract as a brew kettle. I then upgraded to ag and now use it as a hlt (which it is perfect for). I'd say if your planning on 5 gal batches with 60 min boils it will work fine.

I can boilover 7 gallons in a 15 gallon keg. I'm just saying, if you're buying something in the area of 7.5 gallons, you might as well give yourself a little wiggle room for not much added cost.

I'm looking at kettles from homebrewstuff on Amazon as well, specifically the 15 gal and 20 gal (Link Here). I am curious if anyone is using the large pots and if the thermometer is low enough if I wanted to do 5 gal batches for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at kettles from homebrewstuff on Amazon as well, specifically the 15 gal and 20 gal (Link Here). I am curious if anyone is using the large pots and if the thermometer is low enough if I wanted to do 5 gal batches for now.

That kettle, the MegaPot and most tri-bottom kettles come from the same manufacturer in China; Update International. We used to carry them. They are very nice kettles (but the tri-bottom isn't needed in our opinion).

As for thermometer height... Those kettles are much wider than tall. The 20gal kettle probably has the thermo at about the 10 gallon mark.

I have one and have had nothing but trouble with the ball valve leaking. The rubber washers they use melt when they get hot and cause the kettle to leak.

Save yourself some heartache and spring for a welded kettle.

Old thread, but I have the 15 gallon pot, 5.5 gallons is just when the water has submerged the thermo probe about half way, 6 gallons will completely submerge it....

I have been using this pot for 2 years now and it has performed well. No problems. It is holding up and looks like it could last a few more years or more. Now I am trying to add a bazooka screen to the inside.

Back