Next level

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeezNeez801

Reaction score
Ok I have been brewing for a good 5 or 6 months now and I'm ready to start investing in some new equipment I have only been doing extract and I don't know if I should move on to AG and invest in getting thing for that path or should I go on the kegging path? Anyone have any ideas?

I had a similar dilemma a few months back. I have been slowly massing equipment for AG. You can always keg later.

LKABrewer said:
Get a fermentation fridge with a temp controller. Best thing I ever did for my beer.

I forgot to mention that I just got done constructing my fermenting chamber

I was quite anxious to step up to the next level when I was doing only extract so I built a mash tun and started doing AG. It was and adventure and it took the process of making beer to the next level but not so much the product. I agree with the earlier poster about temp control for stepping up to the next level. It was something I never thought too much about before recently and from what I now understand it is an extraordinarily important aspect to crafting consistent quality brews. Mind your yeast and they will mind the beer.

Ag (after set up) is way cheaper per batch than extract if you buy in bulk. If you like your beers now and don't want to change your brew day up, a kegging kit gives you your beer way faster and no more capping cases!

Back