Greetings from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edb

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ed from Chicago here, Steve referred me, didn't know his id on the forum but I'm sure he'll come in this thread.

I'm a brewing noob but I've been loving beer for over 25+ years. I've been fortunate living in Chicago always having great liquor stores with great beer selections.

Big fan of anything from Belgium, Ales, Stouts, Porters. Not too found of Lagers, Bourbon Stouts, Barley Wines and Scottish Ales but I will still have one or three if they're in front of me.

I just started my first batch yesterday (extract). Its a Belgium Wit (Northern Brewer kit) tweaked a couple of the addition times and added 1 oz of fresh grounded ginger for 6min. It smelled great my wife doesn't like beer and commented on how good it smelled.

Ed

I promise I will not annoy you guys too much :p

Welcome Ed, good to see you finally joined the forum.
Can't wait to taste that beer...

Best thing about the wife not liking beer is that there is more for you to drink!

Welcome Ed and welcome to the obsession.

funny... I live in Chicago currently, but a few years back I was renting a house in Bloomingdale.

jvh261 said:
Welcome Ed and welcome to the obsession.

funny... I live in Chicago currently, but a few years back I was renting a house in Bloomingdale.

jvh261, were you at cheesefood's weekend brew a few months ago?

Hey Welcome to the forum.

I have been brewing for several years now..Grew up in Chicago but traveled for the past 4 years working..Now back in Chicago.

The only thing I miss is getting my Bells when ever I want. Now I just brew my own and I'm jusy as happy(scratch that ......much more happy):mug:

Jay

Jay,

When I was at Goose Island Saturday the bartender was telling me that Bells was going to release a beer (or line of beers) under a different name. I wonder if they're doing that to get back into IL.

edb said:
Jay,

When I was at Goose Island Saturday the bartender was telling me that Bells was going to release a beer (or line of beers) under a different name. I wonder if they're doing that to get back into IL.

Yeah, I heard they were going to be releasing it under a Kalamazoo label so that they could get it into Chicago and get around the whole distributor issue.

Welcome Ed. Good luck on your first batch, you'll enjoy the people here. They're always willing to help and answer questions.

Back