Vanilla beans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't hurt to try. I am going to try to make this as balanced as I can, to try and go for a real creme brulee flavor. I don't want the vanilla and certainly not the dark malts to dominate. I definitely want that burnt sugar taste to be there. And I probably won't get all this right on the first try. Oh and lactose! I forgot to add that in the recipe. I'm going to use 4 oz of lactose.
If you looking for the burnt sugar taste then maybe you should brulee (burn) some type of sugar with a propane torch a before adding it to your brew. Most chef use white or natural sugar (sugar in the raw). I never use candi sugar but that may also be an option. then add it near the end of the boil?

Man that takes me way back. My mom is from Austria/Germany, and we used to go down to a German specialty store a few times a year and pick up stuff such as that. That product was always around. They haven't changed the package I see.

It was a nostalgic memory for me as well. I have a German neighbor that gave me some about 6 years ago, and I've been tracking it down every year since. I bake the typical German holiday cookies that were traditional in my household when I was a child. I found the vanilla sugar at World Market last year, otherwise I get it online. I've been planning on using it in beer with my priming sugar for a little while now...

Stauffbier said:
It was a nostalgic memory for me as well. I have a German neighbor that gave me some about 6 years ago, and I've been tracking it down every year since. I bake the typical German holiday cookies that were traditional in my household when I was a child. I found the vanilla sugar at World Market last year, otherwise I get it online. I've been planning on using it in beer with my priming sugar for a little while now...

Vanilla Kipferl stout up next!

image-2566920092.jpg

Back