Cold conditioning makes a difference

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerthoven

Reaction score
About two months ago a buddy of mine upgraded his kegerator setup and gave me his old upright fridge. I don't have it set up as a kegerator yet (waiting on the tax refund), but I have stuffed it full of my bottled beer. I've noticed that cold conditioning homebrew for a few weeks or more really seems to make it better. Its smoother and fuller-flavored or something. I wasn't able to do this when I was sharing space in the kitchen fridge.

Anyone else notice that cold conditioning makes a noticeable improvement in their beer, or I am I just feeling happy because I have a dedicated beer fridge now?

i find any addition i make to my 'brewery' always makes better beer.....in my eyes anyways, thats why im always getting new toys:mug:

but yes, i find 2 weeks cold conditioning makes the beer 'better'. but im no expert and ive never done any big beers.

Latest posts

Back