looking for good reading material

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbauer

Reaction score
hi,
I work full-time at a macro-brewery and would like to improve my knowlage of brewing in general. im also looking into starting to do a bit of home-brewing. I was wondering if anybody new of some good reading material about any parts of the process. Thank you for your help.

How To Brew - John J. Palmer (A must read)
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing - Charles Papazian
Designing Great Beers - Ray Daniels
Radical Brewing - Randy Mosher
Brewing Classic Styles - Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer

There's more but those should help you learn a lot

+1 on the Complete Joy of Homebrewing. It's entertaining as well as full of information.

This site also! Use the search box. I did that for about a month or so before I brewed my first batch and I learned so much from others. This site truly holds an incredible amount of information. The twiki on here is awesome too.

+1 on ALL of the above. These all have helped me become a much better brewer as well as this forum.

If you are working at a brewery be sure to ask lots of questions and pick their brains. Professional brewers are some of the best sources of information and most likely they home brew as well or that's how they got started!

How To Brew - John J. Palmer (A must read)
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing - Charles Papazian
Designing Great Beers - Ray Daniels
Radical Brewing - Randy Mosher
Brewing Classic Styles - Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer

There's more but those should help you learn a lot

Perfect!

I literally just submitted a thread regarding this.. now i feel stupid hah.

Yea, I guess I looked over that part, the brewers are your best source if you can get time to talk to them. Their pretty much a human form of the books I listed.

+1 on the Complete Joy of Homebrewing. It's entertaining as well as full of information.

This site also! Use the search box. I did that for about a month or so before I brewed my first batch and I learned so much from others. This site truly holds an incredible amount of information. The twiki on here is awesome too.

I've read both the Complete Joy of Homebrewing and How to Brew and both are good reads. If I had to pick one, I think How to Brew by Palmer is the better read. I just think he lays it out better and has more scientific info.

Once you get further along, I would add the yeast book, by Jamil Zainesheff and Chris White.

Brewed Awakening by Joshua Bernstein

doesn't go into the brewing process into extreme detail, but the book discusses unique beers and what makes them unique. easy and fun read. got a lot of inspiration from this book.

I just finished how to brew thought it was a good book with lots of good info defiantly will have to read a few more times. I would like to get into the technical side of things more think it's so neat how the smallest things can have a huge effect on the finished beer.

Tasting Beer -Randy Mosher

I'm a huge fan of this book. It helped me to really get into the craft/homebrew scene.

Latest posts

Back