Holiday vs GE: Battle of the Keezers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiNuke

Reaction score
I am looking into getting a 7.0 cubic foot freezer and Holiday seems to have the cheapest. However, it would seem that GE has an IDENTICAL freezer to the Holiday freezer, but it is 30 bucks more expensive. In fact, all the products in the whole line of Holiday manual defrost chest freezers seem to have a counterpart from GE that is 30 bucks more expensive for the same exact product!

I wanted to know what you guys went with. Are they equally reliable or is one better than the other?

Yeah, the compressor step and internal dimensions are identical. The material and patern of the inside walls are the same as well. And the outside (including the little light thing in the bottom right hand corner) is the same. The only difference I have noticed (I have not looked at the electronics) is the brand logo is different (but in the same place).

From what I have read about, Maytag made Holiday but Maytag was bought by Whirlpool. So Whirlpool really makes Holiday.

I bought Holiday because it was cheaper.

Back