I'm an idiot...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCD

Reaction score
Allow me to explain, then we can all point and laugh at me.

I was brewing my own Amber, and followed the instructions from a guy at work who brewed his own beer a few months ago. To make a long story short, I must have misunderstood him and added the priming sugar BEFORE i put it in the primary fermentator. How screwed am I? Have you ever heard of anyone doing this before? And if there is a fix, what is it?

Don't worry about it. Just buy another pack of priming sugar to use at bottling time. All you did was increase the ABV slightly.

Who knew homebrewing could be so nerve racking...haha. Thanks guys...any preference on what priming sugar to use? Any specific brand y'all are loyal to?

Lol, your ok. People put sugar in the fermenter all the time, hope you boiled and vooled it though. Priming sugar is just corn sugar to start up a small fermentation when you bottle. So when you bottle get about 3/4 cup corn sugar( estimating) and boil it the toss ot in before you bottle. Same difference only slightly more sugar in the beer so more alc

Back