Barley crusher malt mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewyourown4life

Reaction score
just a quick question for those of you who use the BARLEY CRUCHER MALT MILL, just wondering if you left it at the factory setting or did you adjust it and if you did what did you set it at? hope to start my first all grain batch in march and was hoping the factory setting will get me a good crush for my first batch:mug:

Mine came with a rubber o ring on it that was the factory preset for milling. I have done 2 AG batches with it and so far efficency seems to be in line.

Definitely start with the factory setting and see how you do. Once you start messing with it, it's hard to get it back to that exact setting.

I have done 1 batch with my new one and my efficiency jumped ~8% on the factory setting. I dont see the need to tighten mine, but for you I would brew a couple of batches and see what your efficiency is. If you are satisfied, then you dont have to do anything, you can always tighten if you need to.

Back