Easiest beer I have ever made recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick the name of this brew

• Easily Amused

• Easy squeeze, lemon peazy

• Easy Rider

• Name your own brew, loser

Results are only viewable after voting.
dcummings1998 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but unless I misread something it looks like you pour the hot wort into the primary without first cooling it. Am I correct, or did I miss that info? Does the precooled water do the trick?

If you don't need to cool it, I'm making this beer this weekend (don't have a chiller yet and don't want to borrow my friend's again).

This was my first batch and I also did not have a chiller at the time. Adding the chilled RO water did the trick! The batch turned out really nice!

Tiedye said:
This was my first batch and I also did not have a chiller at the time. Adding the chilled RO water did the trick! The batch turned out really nice!

Done deal, I'm making this in the next few days!

I didnt check, but have you brewed this yet?

Yes I have, it turned out great -- I posted a picture of my pint a page or so ago. I basically used the original recipe with your extra hop reccomendation and I really like the outcome...like I said, this was my first extract batch after a few years of all grain and I was just trying to learn more about the variables to change with my questions regarding maltyness. It finished really nice and clean with a nice aroma of the orange and coriander. The body is nice and creamy too. I brought a six-pack to a cookout last weekend and everyone that tried it enjoyed it as well.

I poured in an additional half pound of 2-row that I wanted to finish off during steeping phase.

I can't seem to find RO water. All I can find is Distilled (steam distilled) and Drinking (microfiltered). Thoughts?

RO water is water that has been treated through reverse osmosis.

If the drinking water filtered through UV light?

Either will likely work. There are two reasons for the RO water.

One, nothing is living in it. Since you are pouring your wort driectly onto the water, you dont want an nasties in it. There will be some bacteria and such in tap water.

Second is to soften the water. This is secondary to it being free of bacteria.

Go with the drinking water. You should be good.

Wort temp will likely be higher than most chillers will drop it to, but its still within the limits of the safale 05.

Going to brew up 10 gallons of this when I get back form a business trip. Going to toss in some Choc malt to redden the color up and go with fuggles hops.

Once youve got he process down, time to experiment!

NTOLERANCE said:
RO water is water that has been treated through reverse osmosis.

If the drinking water filtered through UV light?

Either will likely work. There are two reasons for the RO water.

One, nothing is living in it. Since you are pouring your wort driectly onto the water, you dont want an nasties in it. There will be some bacteria and such in tap water.

Second is to soften the water. This is secondary to it being free of bacteria.

Go with the drinking water. You should be good.

Well I went with distilled, so unless that's out of the question, it's what I'm going with. However, I use distilled in my spray bottles with Star San, so it wouldn't be a waste if I need to get another type.

Also, I grabbed some Safbrew t-58 on the recommendation of the LHBS guys, but I forgot to make sure the temps would be alright with that yeast. Hopefully it's fine without chilling the wort.

I also opted for bitter orange peel, which will hopefully be a nice touch.

Planning on brewing Saturday. Looking forward to this one!

Kegged mine yesterday, tasted a sample of the "leftovers" ought to be really good cold and carb'd!!!! Thanks for the recipe, will prob try your Pale Ale recipe next or in the near future-all my kegs are full right now must elevate my intake to make more room --but I am having trouble finding the link, I know I saw it somewhere ---Thanks again

Kegged mine yesterday, tasted a sample of the "leftovers" ought to be really good cold and carb'd!!!! Thanks for the recipe, will prob try your Pale Ale recipe next or in the near future-all my kegs are full right now must elevate my intake to make more room --but I am having trouble finding the link, I know I saw it somewhere ---Thanks again

Usually when I am brewing this, I put 2 gallons of the cold RO water into the carboy, then add my hot wort. Once the wort is all in, I top off with more cold RO water. No waste!

I dont even bother with a OG sample any more. There will be plenty of sugar for the yeast to attack.

Brewed this on on Sunday, day 4 and the foam has already collapsed. I was a little surprised how quick the fermentation was on this!

It's going to have to wait before I bottle though, I'm heading north for a course. As soon as I get home though, bottling day!

I must sadly report after last weekend the keg is dead, had some neighbors over for a cook out. I have plenty of BMC they all left as compensation. Will def brew this again.

Brewed this on on Sunday, day 4 and the foam has already collapsed. I was a little surprised how quick the fermentation was on this!

It's going to have to wait before I bottle though, I'm heading north for a course. As soon as I get home though, bottling day!

Its pretty vigorous the first few days.

+1 for feeding them their own trash :D

(No offense to them, I'm sure they're lovely)

I brewed this up three weeks ago, primary one week, secondary one week, due to high temps in fermentation, and one week in bottle. At bottling it was very malty, no citrus, yesterday a ton of citrus, still needs another week or two, but awesome brew!

I brewed this again, 10 gallons this time, and tried to get more of a red hue to it.
I also more asertively hopped it. So, esentially its not the same recipe anymore, but more of an evolution. Still super easy to make:

5 Gallon Recipe:

6.6 lbs of Pale Liquid Extract
1/2 lb light dry extract
1/2 lb of Crystal 20L
.25 lb Choc Malt
.5 oz nugget at 60 min
.5 EKG at 10 min
.5 EKG at 5 min

Safale 05

This one was 2 gallons of RO water (chilled, waitng in the carboy) and the rest tap water.

OG came in at about 1.47

Should have a redish hue in the glass at 15.3 srm. Right now its a dark red/brown.

I will be doing this as soon as I have a free primary.

I might have missed it, but this should be stickied for us new brewers. Seems like a super easy brew that is great for new and old brewers alike...something that can easily be taken and customized

I might have missed it, but this should be stickied for us new brewers. Seems like a super easy brew that is great for new and old brewers alike...something that can easily be taken and customized

I came up with this as a launching pad to try other ingredients and make beer when I was feeling lazy :drunk:

This will make good beer for the novice, and hopefuly inspire them to experiment and come up with other recipes.

Deserving of a sticky? I dunno....:confused:

I recently made this beer as my first ever homebrew attempt! Bubbling started within 12 hours. Looks and smells delicious! Can't wait to keg this and share it with friends! I think I'm going to be brewing a lot in the near future. Process was easy and fun. I have a buddy who split the cost of equipment with me and I have a ton of space around my house and garage to brew! Thanks to the OP for getting me started! Heres a picture 48 hours after brewing...

287885_10100281136117994_23300688_49214025_5007124_o.jpg

I recently made this beer as my first ever homebrew attempt! Bubbling started within 12 hours. Looks and smells delicious! Can't wait to keg this and share it with friends! I think I'm going to be brewing a lot in the near future. Process was easy and fun. I have a buddy who split the cost of equipment with me and I have a ton of space around my house and garage to brew! Thanks to the OP for getting me started! Heres a picture 48 hours after brewing...

Looks good! Is that a 5 or 6 gallon better bottle? If its a 5 I think you could have added a bit more water. Then again maybe its my imagination. :drunk:

I ended up getting a pretty decent score on this when I submitted it to the fair (26.2 out of 50, and I knew it fermented too hot), so needless to say this is one of my go-to beers.

I just kegged it (first time doing so...what an improvement over bottling!) and was wondering how many units of co2 you would serve this on. Using this table this table , I was initially thinking German Wheat style, but I'm wondering if Belgian Ale may be truer to style.

Thoughts?

dcummings1998 said:
I ended up getting a pretty decent score on this when I submitted it to the fair (26.2 out of 50, and I knew it fermented too hot), so needless to say this is one of my go-to beers.

I just kegged it (first time doing so...what an improvement over bottling!) and was wondering how many units of co2 you would serve this on. Using this table this table , I was initially thinking German Wheat style, but I'm wondering if Belgian Ale may be truer to style.

Thoughts?

It doesn't have to be perfect. Most ales will be around 10 to 13 depending on your temp. I usually keep it at 11.

Thoughts?

M main regulator died, so I grabbed the CO2 regulator for my welder. Well it snot sensitive enough to hold low pressure. Too much or too little. OH well, I picked up two more CO2 tanks with regulators today, so tomorrow I will swap them out.

One of the "new" tanks has a testing date of 1940 :ban:
10 PSI or so is what I look for.

I brewed this again, 10 gallons this time, and tried to get more of a red hue to it.
I also more asertively hopped it. So, esentially its not the same recipe anymore, but more of an evolution. Still super easy to make:

5 Gallon Recipe:

6.6 lbs of Pale Liquid Extract
1/2 lb light dry extract
1/2 lb of Crystal 20L
.25 lb Choc Malt
.5 oz nugget at 60 min
.5 EKG at 10 min
.5 EKG at 5 min

Safale 05

This one was 2 gallons of RO water (chilled, waitng in the carboy) and the rest tap water.

OG came in at about 1.47

Should have a redish hue in the glass at 15.3 srm. Right now its a dark red/brown.

Its staying dark red/Brown. Forgot the irish moss, and its a bit cloudy. Very tasty though.

IMG-20110821-00094.jpg

Going to run a 10 gallon batch of this on Saturday, can't wait and i think I will hold off on the corriander and orange but we shall see how I feel at the store.

Those pints are looking good though!

Brewed 10 gallons yesterday and they are bubbling away now, one with WLP380 and the other with Safale 05. The only thing is I had more like 7.5 gallons when it was all said and done so it made it hard to split it evenly.

I don't typically bother with OG readings, I just like brewing. Excited to see in a couple weeks how they will both turn out.

What modifications will I need to make to this recipe if I'm going to pitch and ferment into a 5-gallon bucket? In other words, I need to make about 4 gallons instead of 5.

Can I just use one gallon less water at the end? What will that affect? I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I don't see any mention of ABV. Will using less water just up the ABV?

What modifications will I need to make to this recipe if I'm going to pitch and ferment into a 5-gallon bucket? In other words, I need to make about 4 gallons instead of 5.

Can I just use one gallon less water at the end? What will that affect? I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I don't see any mention of ABV. Will using less water just up the ABV?

I would drop the 1 lb of dry extract along with the water. I wouldnt change the hop schedule much, its really mild on the hops. Even dropping the gallons down to five still keeps the hops profile reasonable.

You still want to boil about 2-2.5 gallons of water with your extact.

Just as a follow up, I kegged my batch of this and served it to guests at a party, gone in a matter of hours! Pretty pleased for my first batch ever!

Fleet_of_Foot said:

Let us know how that turns out i would love to throw this in a homedepot bucket so im not using my carboy

Took the other half of my 10 gallon batch and kegged it today. FG was 1.014.(OG was 1.050) As an experiment, I added a tablespoon of Amalayse enzyme to the keg, and put it on the shelf to sit for a week or two. Going to try and dry it out some.

I just finished brewing a batch of this. My OG was 1043 though. Maybe I left too much wort in the bottom of the pot? Regardless, I am going to relax, and not worry about it.

I've been thinking of adding some fruit type extract to a secondary of this brew. Perhaps something a bit tart. Anyone interested in doing a group brew with each of us trying a different extract?

Latest posts

Back