Just a dude on the farm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oltradplanter

Reaction score
Hey all:

From down in the deep south of Alabama. Just getting into this due to see some malt extract on the shelf of the local grocer and decided to try the beer out. Learning a Great deal. I have a farm down here that i am a steward of and just Moved back from Charleston to be here. Wish I had know about Beer making earlier would have save a bit...and thanks for the forum. Grow organics and perique tobacco down here along witht he basics and make a bit of wine to. The beer is beating the wine at the moment. Thanks for listening to the out of work architect.:mug:

Welcome! Tons of information here. Before you know it, you'll be planting hops.

Perique tobacco... that's an interesting crop. Pretty labor intensive, n'est-ce pas? Smells terrible by itself, but is a wonderful spice tobacco in pipe blends. Are there a lot of farms that grow it or are you one of few?

Already looking into it...got plenty of room just need to find out if they grow this far south.
the perique test crop did well yes it is labor intensive. I am the only one here in this area trying to grow it. I know it will knock you if you try it straight lord it sent me a few rounds and I smoke black tabacco cigars. I am learning lots fast and applying as i go...still want to know the purpose of crystal malt if you are using and extract

welcome aboard the forum! i'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info. here. :)

Latest posts

Back