Greetings From West Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeizGuy

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer fans. I'm returning to homebrewing after a 20 year break. No good excuse for drifting away from brewing other than life got busy. But alas, I've found my way back and still contain my original beer making kit from days gone by.

It's like learning to ride a bike again and have been priming with "The Home Brewer's Companion‎" by Papazian and sources on the web, which brought me here.

I want to start by getting my feet wet again and then graduate into all grain brewing, but my rebirth brew is going to be a dry extract weizen and I'll be putting my ingredients list together and start boiling within a week or two.

I've lurked for a week or two and appreciate all the material I've gleaned to date. For that I say thank you and hello. :mug:

WeizGuy

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in the Alaska area in Caledonia township. For you local guys, which home brew supplier has the best selection and turns over their stock quickly? Siciliano's Market is one that came up in a google search. How is local pricing compared to More Beer and Northern brewer online suppliers?

Thanks, WeizGuy

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in the Alaska area in Caledonia township. For you local guys, which home brew supplier has the best selection and turns over their stock quickly? Siciliano's Market is one that came up in a google search. How is local pricing compared to More Beer and Northern brewer online suppliers?

Thanks, WeizGuy

From what others say we are pretty lucky to have Siciliano's as a LHBS. I've never been anywhere else so I don't have a lot to compare too but I like it there alot - good selection and decent prices. In the summer their hops supply was low but now it seems pretty good. Also have one of the best beer selection around. Great customer service.

Welcome from Northern Central Lower Michigan. err...

It's hard to point at your palm in say "RIGHT THERE" on a forum in text. You fellow trolls get it... ;)

From what others say we are pretty lucky to have Siciliano's as a LHBS. I've never been anywhere else so I don't have a lot to compare too but I like it there alot - good selection and decent prices. In the summer their hops supply was low but now it seems pretty good. Also have one of the best beer selection around. Great customer service.

Went into Siciliano's today and checked out B&B over the weekend. I agree Siciliano's has a great supply, B&B had two cramped 10 foot shelves, Siciliano's had 4 times the selection of malt and grain, grain mill, 20# sacks, etc., plus an ample choice of micro beers to contemplate. I hope to be a wort hog this coming weekend. :rockin:

Back