Pinlock and balllock compatability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I have been using three pinlock kegs. I found I needed a couple of more kegs and I got lucky and grabbed two balllocks from a friend dirt cheap. The fittings I have for the pinlock's have the threaded end where the line attachs, Is there any reason why I can't use the same type fitting on the balllocks and just unscrew the line and screw it whichever keg I'm using? I have to order the stuff online so I can't actually try them to make sure everything would work.

I have been using three pinlock kegs. I found I needed a couple of more kegs and I got lucky and grabbed two balllocks from a friend dirt cheap. The fittings I have for the pinlock's have the threaded end where the line attachs, Is there any reason why I can't use the same type fitting on the balllocks and just unscrew the line and screw it whichever keg I'm using? I have to order the stuff online so I can't actually try them to make sure everything would work.

There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, the threaded end will allow you to easily use both styles of connectors.

Thank you, I thought that would work , but, without having the parts in my hands I couldn't be sure.

Back