Leaking air by faucet by collar opening

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMAN335

Reaction score
HELP!! seems everything that has gone wrong has..... :eek:

QQ ( this just happened 10 minutes AGO) i opened the tap and i am hearing air out of the faucet and I see beer coming out of opening on the collar.

Yes everything is secure.....

Again any input would be appreciated!!!:eek:

By collar opening you mean on a keezer? And do you have your lines switched? Can you post pics?

hi enclosed is the keezer pictures.
Iissue i hear a gargling sound and beer is coming out of adjustment holes and from the back of the shank/stem. when i have the non gas line hooked up i hear air. When i dispense its all foam and air.

Thanks

Pete M

:mug:

FYI pictures 1,3,4 -beer comes out of.

inside collar- beer leaks from nut.jpg

inside with correct hookups.jpg

outside beer leaks from adjustment holes.jpg

top view.jpg

GilSwillBasementBrews said:
Looking at the pics it looks like your lines are switched. From what I can see the clear faucet line looks to be on the in side for gas

I agree. Look at the top of the keg on the rubbe part. "IN" is for the gas line and should have a very small dip tube. The other one shouldn't be labeled and that's for the beer and should have the long dip tube. If you have the dip tubes installed correctly that's definitely why that's happening. Swap your connections and try it again after a few hours.

i did what you both suggested and no more gargling. Thank You!!!!!

Per the instructions that came with conversion kit, my inital connection fit opposite so it means i had my gas on the blue line, clicked on the out connector of the keg. The clear line clicked into the connection marked 'in' gas line.

To work around this i had to cut and strip and swap out the connections to what you said and it worked.

One last question on the shank i have some beer leak out. Is this nomal occurance?

thanks again.:mug:

pete M NJ

No, where on the shank is it leaking from?

Does your shank have the nipple built on or is it a threaded nipple?

Did you use a faucet wrench to make sure the faucet is really tight on the shank? That's what those holes are for.

Ok. I see in the pics you are using hose clamps. Is the beer coming from the front/outside where the faucet connects to the shank? I would agree with zachattack, did you use the faucet wrench? Also did you install the rubber washer between the faucet and shank?

Ok. I see in the pics you are using hose clamps. Is the beer coming from the front/outside where the faucet connects to the shank? I would agree with zachattack, did you use the faucet wrench? Also did you install the rubber washer between the faucet and shank?

Good call, I forgot about the neoprene washer. I'm pretty sure my Perlicks have an integrated o-ring rather than the washer.

zachattack said:
Good call, I forgot about the neoprene washer. I'm pretty sure my Perlicks have an integrated o-ring rather than the washer.

Yeah They do, I'm rocking perlicks myself. The best :)

hi once i swapped the lines very minial leaking now, the last 2 times i poured.

here are the pics. The leak was coming where the clamp is.
Since i switched the lines the leaks are down to a drip.

FYI 3/16 line

shank1-2.jpg

shank 2-2.jpg

PMAN335 said:
here are the pics. The leak was coming where the clamp is.
Since i switched the lines the leaks are down to a drip.

FYI 3/16 line

You shouldn't have any leak at all. Leaks = air into your beer. Air into your beer = bad beer. Where did you get your draft kit from?

beverage factory. They are sending a replacement shank. Again as soon as I swap my line it seemed to go away.. i will check again.

Thanks for your help!

FYI just poured a glass and no leak could it of been the line was under to much pressure when i have the connections crossed>?

Back