raspberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackwhite

Reaction score
Okay found a solution to all grain with my limited budget-3 gallon batches. Have everything I need and have done a couple partial mash so i feel ready. I decided my next brew will be this raspberry wheat but have a few questions thoughts.

3 lbs. Pilsner Malt
3 lbs. Red Wheat
.5 lbs. Rye Malt
.25 lbs. Weyermann CaraRed®
.5 oz. Hallertau (Whole, 4.50 %AA) boiled 30 min.
1.5 lb. Raspberries (frozen)
Yeast : White Labs WLP003 German Ale II

First wondering why you shouldnt add the puree at the end of the boil? Another thought is to add some at the end of the boil then add the frozen berries to the fermenter later. And what about suspending in a hopbag them like dry hoping? Anybody use dried raspberries and how would you work them in. Maybe add the dried fruit at the end of the boil in a hopbag and add the frozen fruit to the fermenter?

BTW the carared was just small twist to give a little red sparkle to the beer. Anyway, do the malt amts seem okay. I used beertools and expect 65 % efficiency. OG of 1.053. Mash 3.5 water sparge 1 gallon boil off to 3 gallon. I live at 5000ft so tend to boil off alot.

Back