Bacon Bourbon Ale Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my most recent brew day. I'm making a Bacon Bourbon Ale for a pork competition in New Orleans. I decided to go with a sweet malty ale recipe to balance out the salty smokiness of the bacon...

10 lbs Pale 2 Row
1.5 lbs Crystal 90
.5 lbs Dextrine
1 lbs Aromatic Malt
American Ale Yeast
1 oz Chinook (.66 at 60 min; .33 at burn out)
1 oz something else I forgot as my brew journal is at home

I've made a bourbon bacon infusion using a quart of Maker's Mark and whole pack of bacon. I'll be adding .5 oz of Bourbon per 12 oz bottle.
Anyway enjoy the pics of the brew day. I'll update with some pics of the infusion process.
http://3ironbrewery.blogspot.com/2013/02/bourbon-bacon-beer.html

Do you have a barrel? Now I'm thinking I want to do your recipe with my maple bacon bourbon and season it in my barrel.

One of my classmate in seminary had the Unity Church in Metairie back during Katrina.

That sounds great if you could get that good oaky bourbon barrel flavor it would add a nice flavor to a really malty recipe. Update me when you brew it I want to know how it goes.

Back