Sharing is Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekknoschtev

Reaction score
This afternoon I got a call from my girlfriend who was on the way back from vising her sister, with her parents. I had taken her down to visit her sister and brought along some of my home brews for her sister and brother-in-law to sample. Evidently her brother-in-law raved about the beer, and her dad wanted to try some.

Fortunately, I've been practicing with my homemade beer gun and was able to get a 6-er bottled up in a very short amount of time. She only asked for one, but by the time I've got everything hooked up, well 6 isn't any significant extra work than one.

Then, since I was giving it to him as a semi-gift, I used Beer Labelizer (beerlabelizer.com) and printed off some labels. Brushed on some milk to use as the glue, and BAM, we have this:

photo%201.JPG

My phone's camera lens is pretty scratched up, but having the labels on made it seem much more official and real!

So, major thanks to this forum for ideas, and helping me make beer that people want to try. Oh, and he enjoyed it :)

Nice presentation. How long did it take to bottle them, minus the labeling? Just curious how quick it is to us a beer gun.

Nice presentation. How long did it take to bottle them, minus the labeling? Just curious how quick it is to us a beer gun.

The first time I used it, it took me almost an hour to get a 6-er bottled up. The second time it was about half an hour, with a few explosions (pressure builds up in the bottle, I forgot to turn the picnic tap off and pulled the cork. Beer all over the place - mostly on me). This time, it was literally 25 minutes from bottling to having it in the case with labels on, and I had to print the labels after bottling.

I think I'm finally getting in a rhythm with it. I can probably get a 6-pack bottled in 5-10 minutes, including rinsing and sanitizing the bottles. Cleaning the gun takes a little bit longer, but if I've got a keg with starsan around, them I'm good.

Back