Where can I find large Aussie type brew bags?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
I read the BYO article on brewing in a bag with great interest and would like to try this technique but the largest bags I can find are the paint strainer bags at the hardware store. The brewing bags in the magazine article look much bigger than that. Does anyone know where I can find a couple of those extra large brewing bags?

I think people are making their own bags. Swiss Voile seems to be the material of choice.

Here is a post in another forum that covers the topic pretty thoroughly.

I'll tell you where I got my bag: SWMBO. I think she made two bags for like $10 with fabric from the local fabric/hobby place-- look in the curtain section if it's not in the bulk section. (that's what SWMBO tells me anyway).

BiaB rocks...just keep the bag off the bottom of the pot when the burner is on.

I used this with no problems.
Jumbo Coarse Nylon Bag [01338]
$6.49

This heavy duty coarse reusable nylon bag can hold up to 15 lbs of grain. It is also used as a strainer for fruit in both brewing and winemaking.
Dimensions: 18" x 32" (45.7 x 81.3 cm).

RESSURECTION!!!!

Is Swiss Voile and Voile the same thing? I cant for the life of me find anyone in Canada who has even heard of 'Swiss' Voile

Back