Minimum Jockey Box Coil Length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayC

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I may be coming in to some (relatively) cheap copper tubing. Does anyone have any experience as to what the minimum length of tubing should be used in a jockey box?

It seems a lot of people say to use 50', but it seems most of them are using SS coils, and I'm figuring copper conducts heat so much better, that 25' may be adequate. But, I don't want to cut it, and find out that it's not long enough.

My lead on the copper went bad, so the cold plate may be the way to go. What did you mean by "5 pass"? Did you run lines in and out of the cold plate so the beer went through it several times before being dispensed to be sure it was cold, or is there some way of telling how many passes the internal lines make through the cold plate make before exiting? The ones I've seen on EBay just say how many circuits they have, not how many passes each circuit makes.

Back