DC checking in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a stout (from the coopers can) that everyone loved!!! I am currently drinking an IPA, that is..... ok. and I have already bottled my second stout! Currently I am brewing apfelwin! (peeew!) Im gonna go to the local brew place, and get me a second Carboy, so I can brew (or at least try) a hopdevil knockoff!

Had a neighborhood party today, everyone loved my IPA :) Even had 2 people ask me to teach them how..... they didnt seem to concerned when I explained to them I really wasnt that sure of what I was doing!

claphamsa said:
Had a neighborhood party today, everyone loved my IPA :) Even had 2 people ask me to teach them how..... they didnt seem to concerned when I explained to them I really wasnt that sure of what I was doing!

lol Well your just like me then, everyone loved the Coopers but now That I am into Extract and Steeping Grains they love me, And my next batch will be PM so Im sure they will love me even more. You should move up the ladder on your next batch you will be suprised on the diffrence and it is actually cheaper than the coopers and you get to do a 60 min boil.

RICLARK said:
lol Well your just like me then, everyone loved the Coopers but now That I am into Extract and Steeping Grains they love me, And my next batch will be PM so Im sure they will love me even more. You should move up the ladder on your next batch you will be suprised on the diffrence and it is actually cheaper than the coopers and you get to do a 60 min boil.

I will for the first batch of the new year! I just got a second carboy! woooo

I will be next sat brewing my last kit beer! I have a muntons pilsner 2 packets of hops pellets, and some California lager yeast (poor mans swing at vicotry hopdevil) but i have ordered the stuff i need to make a guiness clone!!!!! Wheeeeee

Welcome to home brewing DC!

As you stated, you can learn a TON by lurking here, searching and reading.

I'm not sure which homebrew shop you purchased your carboy at, but I shop at My Local Home Brew Shop on route 7 in falls church/seven corners. I bought a 6 gallon non ported better bottle from them last week for $0.50 cents less than Austin Home brew and no shipping.

Good luck
-patrick

old_townie said:
Welcome to home brewing DC!

As you stated, you can learn a TON by lurking here, searching and reading.

I'm not sure which homebrew shop you purchased your carboy at, but I shop at My Local Home Brew Shop on route 7 in falls church/seven corners. I bought a 6 gallon non ported better bottle from them last week for $0.50 cents less than Austin Home brew and no shipping.

Good luck
-patrick

I live in MD, so I went to MDHB in columbia, I think it was the exact same price as asutin!!! so pumped for sunday (brewing time)

Back