I'm New.. Real New!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness71

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so new I have not even ordered my kit yet!

Ok, so I've messed around with the 'Mr. Beer' thing and had success with it, as in it all tasted good and got a buzz from them!..

So now I'm looking to go to the next step. Looking to order a kit that is mid level and I want one Complete ready to go. Have my eye on one from Morebeer.com but its out of stock right now..

Anyway, looking forward to getting some great information off this site - its been fun reading so far.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Be sure to check out the other major suppliers (austin homebrew, northern brewer and midwest). Usually after various shipping fees are in the kits are pretty comparable.

If you want a great starter kit at the best price check craigslist. I got about $300-$400 worth of equipment for $75.

Keep an eye out there before you go get a kit, it will save you a bunch of money.

There's a More Beer Store in Riverside right at where the 91, 215 and 60 come together. It' would be a little bit of a drive, but you wouldn't have shipping.

That looks like a nice kit. Only thing left that you might need is a burner to cook on if you plan on full boils and since that kit has a 8 gallon pot that would be no problem.

Welcome to HBT.

Guinness71 said:
Hmm Might have to go check them out Brew - Although, the free shipping from Morebeer is tempting with the price of fuel! :D

This is the kit I'm looking at - its pricey, but thats what overtime is for..

http://morebeer.com/view_product/15912/102142

Hey there! I'm out in Perris, not too far from your neck of the woods. The morebeer store is worth a visit if you're in the area....but I agree about fuel prices!

A bit of advice, if I may, that I WISH I had when I got my starter kit: Go for the kegging super deluxe setup (the kettle is also 1gal bigger, which is actually a big deal)! Also check MidWest: http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=6877You will save MEGA bucks in the long run, and trust me....bottle one time and you'll regret not getting the kegging equipment. If you're going to make that large of a purchase spend the money up front and you will be set for years to come. I spent nearly $1K over a year getting all those things separately. Homebrewing is funny like that; the equipment is kinda expensive up front, but the actual brewing is really cheap. Of course there's always some new kind of gadget to buy:)

Guinness71 said:
I'm so new I have not even ordered my kit yet!

Don't worry! I joined this forum in December of 2005....I didn't buy my kit or brew my first beer until July 2007!:D

Guinness71 said:
Hmm Might have to go check them out Brew - Although, the free shipping from Morebeer is tempting with the price of fuel! :D

Skip the drive...at your location, your Morebeer order will arrive in two days, or possibly overnight if you order early in the day.

Still, having a LHBS is awfully handy. How about this place, is it nearby?

Home Brew Mart
5401 Linda Vista Rd. Suite #406
San Diego, CA 92110

(619) 295-2337
(619) 295-BEER

He's like 2-3 hours from there. I'm like 1.5, and I've always wanted to check it out.....but then again I'm 20 minutes from morebeer.

ScubaSteve said:
He's like 2-3 hours from there. I'm like 1.5, and I've always wanted to check it out.....but then again I'm 20 minutes from morebeer.
Bit of a brain fade on my part...I know he said Palm Springs, but somehow I heard San Diego. As I get older, I guess I can expect more of this sort of thing. :confused:

Maybe it's my aluminum kettles!!

Back