70qt cooler mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$35!! That's a helluva deal.

I'm not sure about shallow grain beds man, hopefully someone wiser will chime in on that one. But that's good deal for a cooler, I'm gonna have to pick one up myself.

Do not go too shallow. I worked mine out so that I am no shallower than 4-5 inches... I have read alot about poor eff when you get much shallower.

I almost purchased that cooler myself. The depth required for the grain bed depends on your sparging method. For 5 gallon batches, the grain bed is too shallow for flysparging. If I remember right, the average depth of the grainbed will be less than the recommended 4 inches.

If you are only going to batch sparge, the depth of the grain bed is not nearly as important, and I think that the cooler will work out just fine for you.

Everyone agree?

And, if I remember right, that cooler's plastic bulkhead is really easy to get out. I also like that the drain is recessed so you will have VERY little dead space.

Latest posts

Back