light remodel: Creating/organizing tool sets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
I may embark in light rehab'ing at a new location I may own (no, not a flipper!), and need to have an extra set of tools there.

I was thinking of creating tool sets in 5 gal. buckets... you know, one for light painting prep, one for deep cleaning, etc.

Any better idea..?

Meh. I have alway been a proponent of the "scattered everywhere" mindset. You aren't really working unless it takes you 30 minutes to locate the Phillips Screwdriver.

I'm a fan of tool boxes for different purposes. Plumbing repair box with the torch and misc fittings and tools. Electrical tool box with insulated tools and testers. There may be some duplication between boxes, but I'll pay an extra couple bucks for multiple sets of screwdrivers just for the simplicity of having everything I need for a project in one box. Toolboxes stack easier than buckets IMO.

Larger tools like circular saws, miter box saw, and other bigger than toolbox tools get put in the bed of the truck when needed.

Back