cheap camlocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josterhues

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade brew stand to camlocks. Does anyone now where to find 1/2" camlocks kinda cheap? Have been on bargainfittings.com and didn't know if that's the cheapest place.

Thanks
Jake

I found good prices, reasonable shipping, fast order delivery, and fantastic customer service with stainlessbrewing.com.

You can try here as well.

AHS also has them if you want to pick up some ingredients at the same time, free shipping this weekend so you may save some money.

Advice:
The Barbed fittings restrict flow to 3/8", with a little elbow grease you can get the 1/2" silicone hose on the 1/2" threaded fitting with a hose clamp without restricting flow.
If I had to do it again I would not have purchased the barbs. Also, get some extra silicon o-rings, you will thank me later.

Pro-flow dynamics has them in aluminum and nylon, both of which are much cheaper than SS. Their prices on the SS are also the same as the other vendors. And FWIW worth I've been happy with my aluminum ones.

mredge73 said:
with a little elbow grease you can get the 1/2" silicone hose on the 1/2" threaded fitting with a hose clamp without restricting flow.
If I had to do it again I would not have purchased the barbs.

For two dozen donuts my company's machine shop can put the NPT fittings on a lathe and mill off the threads. I got 6 done in just a few hours.

ForumRunner_20120831_135223.jpg

ForumRunner_20120831_135205.jpg

I've been using hose barb ends and hose clamps. But after looking at those prices for the aluminum ones I think that's what I will do. Thanks guys

A big +1 for using male threaded ends instead of barbs to keep restrictions to a minimum. I shaved ~1/2 the threads off so that the sharp edges wouldn't cut into the tubing, and then stretched it on.

bucfanmike said:
ive used the aluminum ones for at least 1.5 years now. holding up fine.

Yep, nearly 2.5 yrs here.

Back