dual tap tower source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkow

Reaction score
I tried searching but didn't really find any good threads. Where do or did you all get your tower from? I have a 4912 that I've modified the door, but haven't gotten a tower yet (using a picnic faucet). I see them everywhere, but should I assume the quality is the same? Chrome? Stainless?

I bought mine from http://acumetalfab.com/. They're really nice, fabricate them all in house, and actually supply most of the major retailers, and sell to the public for about 1/2 to 1/5 the price. Call them for the cost.

They don't sell taps, but you'd want some Shirrons anyway, right? Thought so.

kvh.

I called accumetal fab. $120 for a standard 3 in round tower in stainless or chrome. For $130 at other stores you get the faucets, beer lines and other fittings to make it complete.

missing link said:
I called accumetal fab. $120 for a standard 3 in round tower in stainless or chrome. For $130 at other stores you get the faucets, beer lines and other fittings to make it complete.

Crazy. I swear I spent $130 on a 4 tap tower (similar to the ones on the wedding thread). That's with the full metal box thing on top, not just the tube. Maybe it was a lot more and I just REMEMBER spending $130...

Incidentally, I have very used single-tap tower I'd part with for a song. It's a little dented (could be fixed) and is missing the top cap (actually, I have it, but it's all worn out - they can be replaced..) I think it's chromed brass - drilling a second hole in it should be simple. I'd sell it for a little cash and a few homebrews... I'm all about the reuse thing - I'd happily send it along to someone who'd use it rather than me chuck it in the recycling.. PM me if someone's interested - I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll be online occasionally.

kvh.

I am currently getting my DIY tower made to fit my 4912. This DIY project I got from BierMuncher and his Sanyo 4912. It's just a 3" PVC pipe and cap with a square drain for a base. You can paint it any color you want. Mine will be black and goes with my 4912.

7956-Picture011.jpg

7956-Picture007.jpg

dollhousebrewery said:
I can't find that drain pipe? Where did you find it?

Got all of the supplies at Lowes. The base is an outdoor type drain (all plastic) it can be found at the plumbing section.

missing link said:

On Oct. 2nd I paid $57 (includes shipping) for this from acumetalfab.com:

Part # 0802-12 Draft Arm 3" o.d. tube 12" tall 2 holes s/s #4 brushed finish

I have no idea how you got a quote for more than twice that.

It's the same as the one shown on this page: http://bruuhk2.blogspot.com/

the_Roqk said:
I am currently getting my DIY tower made to fit my 4912. This DIY project I got from BierMuncher and his Sanyo 4912. It's just a 3" PVC pipe and cap with a square drain for a base. You can paint it any color you want. Mine will be black and goes with my 4912.

7956-Picture011.jpg

7956-Picture007.jpg

What shanks did you use for this? source?

Back