Its really not that hard...(for newbies like me)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamHain

Reaction score
...to make beer.

I just drank my 1st bottle of my homebrew and it was so awesome. I was worried all along the way that I made a mistake. Either with my choice of ingredients or with sanitation or with bottling or with pouring. Well I have to say for those who are new to brewing dont worry. Beer is tough. Your beer will come out delicous. Just follow a few of the rules that the intelligent members here preach and youll be fine.

I made my own recipe. I was aiming for a Partial Mash Sierra Nevada Recipe, but after reading a few threads here I changed a few things up. My result was a nicely bittered Pale Ale that reminds me of a 60 Min Dogfish IPA. It finishes great. Its not as clear as I had hoped but I dont care, its delicous. Im going to tweak it a little, maybe some Irish moss, maybe another hop int the mix...but I am so happy with what I have that I cant wait to fire up the kettle.

So...if your new like me, dont worry, your beer will come out awesome, now go brew some!

photo-39-1.jpg

photo-38-3.jpg

+1 to this. I bottled my 2nd brew today. My first is a Brewer's Best APA kit, the second is a modified Cucumber Summer Brew recipe that I found here on this forum. Looking to jump to Partial Mash then All Grain by the year's end. The APA is the only one that is ready to drink thus far, but it is as good as any commercial APA I've had.

Congrats! What are you waiting for? Fire up that kettle and get the pipeline built up.

Cheers!

Congrats! What are you waiting for? Fire up that kettle and get the pipeline built up.

Cheers!

+1 on getting that brew kettle going. I recently bottled my second beer and am bottling my third tonight. Its easy to see that there is an addiction building!! Congrats on your first beer:mug:

So...if your new like me, dont worry, your beer will come out awesome, now go brew some!

Congrats! I'm still new to this, and every now and then I still get that nagging feeling that I did something wrong...

...but then again, I spend most of my free time here, imagining brewing my next batch (brewday is Wednesday), or on other beer-related pursuits. Great hobby.

Back