Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta bottle a brown ale that I threw 3oz of Amarillo in as dry hops. Luv that amarillo smell ..... mmmmm....

I may have to go to miami thursday night for some stuff but if I don't, I'll keg the porter and esb and we can get to drinkin!

kegged my ESB last night and pitched barron's 3SB onto it's cake. It's too cold in my house for the yeast. sucks.

whats is a 3SB?

I am having problems keeping beers warm too. i cant believe this is something i have to worry about living in FL. i should be brewing lagers right now.

I have to keep my house at 72 degrees or else my roomates kick my ass. I hate it.

I just crack my window at night and call it even.

so i pitched the beer on top of the s04 cake last night. too damn cold in my house so no signs of fermentation this morning. had sarah put a space heater on it for about 30 minutes or so and also pitch another packet of S04 This is the first time I've ever repitched. At 4:15 she notices it bubbling. When i got home and felt the side of the bucket it was very warm. So I took a temp reading. 80F. Gravity reading: 1.032! Went down 18 points in a couple of hours! It's sitting outside now.

Surprisingly it tastes pretty good. Murky as **** right now.

Just a reminder, we will be drinking this beer in 3 days.

so by the time i went to bed last night the krausen had fallen. this is insane. krausen for 6-7 hours then it drops. i'm gonna take another reading when I get home tonight. It was still murky as ****.

no time for finings. everyone will just have to deal with it. there's some more bubbling action going on today.

this is a really odd beer.

5 gallon
1.050 ish OG
1.016 FG

4lb Light DME
1 lb Marris Otter
.5 lb Crystal 55L
.25 lb Honey Malt

Handful of Marris Otter and Oats toasted in the oven at 275F for 30 minutes.
Also got a little excited threw in like 5 grains of roasted barley and some special B.

S04

Just kegged this beer. Sitting outside on 50 PSI. Reached 1.016 IN ONE ****ING DAY!

I picked a great day to get sick... So you'll have to do the drinking without
me :(

so how's saturday night for you guys? I'm thinking of having a few people over my house to celebrate my birthday (tomorrow), celebrate the hopefully finished freezer, and also because I left super early saturday night for a party that was actually extra lame but I wasn't the driver.

Saturday night. I also have enough space for 1 or 2 more ball lock kegs (pinlocks are too fat for fitting in my freezer) in my freezer if anyone wants their beer on tap (I can't wait)

so how's saturday night for you guys? I'm thinking of having a few people over my house to celebrate my birthday (tomorrow), celebrate the hopefully finished freezer, and also because I left super early saturday night for a party that was actually extra lame but I wasn't the driver.

Saturday night. I also have enough space for 1 or 2 more ball lock kegs (pinlocks are too fat for fitting in my freezer) in my freezer if anyone wants their beer on tap (I can't wait)

Sounds good to me. I'm going to a work party Friday as well. Partayy weekend. :tank:

Hell, don't need room in the keezer, just set it outside.

It won't be too cold Saturday night. Besides, in the keezer means on tap (like with a faucet and everything)

I'm moving on up

hahaha mine were shipped sometime in october... I'm finally reaching the finish line.

then I gotta add all my regs and lines and make it all look good. add a fan. some more insulation and the list goes on

so everyone should come to my house saturday night to try out chris and mine's ESB and Robust Porter.

and also to break in my nearly finished project.

photo39.jpg

Looks awesome. Wish I could make it but I'm tied up for the week til next Friday. Gotta help my Party Pig get over Barron's sexual assault on it last week.....

lmao. alright

yo chris tell jason so he can come if he wants. also barron, and whomever else is not on here I guess?.. I dont have either one's number.

im sitting in a airport at the carolina beer co. with 3 hours to kill. guess im gettting drunk. there ipa is quite tasty.

Back