Beer chili recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
Yes I searched the internets and worked the google. Looking for reccomendation on a good recipe for a work chili cook off.

I got robust porter, california common and blu moon clone. And a few stragglers. I figure the porter would prolly be my best option.

Thanks.

On Monday, I made a chili with oatmeal stout. It was awesome! The coffee-ish flavor really gave a boost to the chili.

It was a regular venison chili- browned onions, and chunks of meat. Added a can of tomatoes, about 8 ounces of beer, some tomato sauce, chili powder, three jalapenos (minced), one chili (minced), cumin to taste, oregano, three gloves of garlic and cooked all day. I added some ground red peppers afterwards, to increase the heat. It was really good!

I'm not a fan of adding some beers to chili, it tends to give it a kind of swampy, skunky aroma imho. Personally I like to have my beer in a nice tall glass next to big bowl o red ;) If you really want to though, use the porter. The dark, caramel-like flavors will compliment the heat and acidity of the chili. Things like pilsners and hoppy pales just add bitterness and skunk.

I would love to have a beer next to the bowl. But its a work event. I just want to add a homebrew in there for conversation.

Thnks for the tips

i usually just follow any chili recipe and add half a Fat Tire in my chili and cook it down until i'm happy with the thickness. ALWAYSSS turns out fantastic!

Latest posts

Back