So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a 10 Gal batch of Nierra Sevada earlier today. Went well, hit my numbers for the most part (OG was a tad higher than expected) and the wort tasted yummy. I split the batch into two 5 gal fermenters, one with US-05 and the other with US-04 (new for me). All in all a very successful brew day...

Cheers! :mug:

Just finished a 12hr brewday (Including cleanup) of a majority ale for my son. Og was 1.128 on a big american barleywine. Will be adding 4lbs of sugar over the next few days. Did a second runnings English place ale. :)

Nice! How will you be aging it?

Tomorrow I'm brewing 10 gallons of the house hoppy pale (Drake's 1500-ish), 5 gallons of a Russian Imperial Stout for next winter, and then seeing if I can make a brown porter using the spent (BIAB) grains from both.

Finished up a DogFish Head 60 IPA clone but changed up how the hops were added, trying something new. Just over 5 gal. to the fermenter!

2015-02-07 14.34.59.jpg

Current plan is in 22oz bombers. Think we will do a cork, cap, and wax. Cheers! Beers already bubbling about every 30sec!

Still debating carbonation. If we do carbonate it will be in a keg and the bottled will be counter pressure filled.

Got the Brewhaus setup for brewing this weekend: BFD Kroupa-Bohemian New World Pilsner, a classic clean, clear and malty Bohemian Pilsner lager that forgets those grassy, old world hops to rock the next big thing...Mosaic Hops...mango, lemon, citrus, earthy pine...(that's the New World part) 6.5% ABV. Ready in ~6 weeks.
!!!NO PEACHES OR PUMPKINS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS LAGER!!!
Prost...

Pretty sick looking setup. I like the on-board audio system. Key to a good brew day!

brewing an IPA right now. Centennial/Falconer's Flight for bittering, Falconers and Zythos last 5 and 0 minutes, and Citra for a dry hop.

I would like to know how this turns out, I am have a American pale going right now. Bittered with citra and did additions of zythos @ 15, 10, 5 and dry hopping with zythos.

After years of brewing all-grain, I decided to do an extract-only batch. The reason is I got a Therminator and Steelhead pump and wanted to try them out with a no-fuss recipe, so I got NB's 20-minute boil pale ale kit. I figure with a full boil and all those hops, it should be pretty good.

Regarding the Therminator, holy crap, is that thing awesome. I chilled the wort to 60 in under ten minutes! After it was done, I hooked the pump input a cooler filled with hot PBW solution and just let it recirculate while I cleaned some other things up, then backflushed. I'm loving this thing!

Brewing up an IPA for my wedding in 5 weeks. Last time I'll brew at this apartment, and with all the wedding prep going on and moving I won't get to brew for probably 2 months. I've got about 4 beers planned already, but won't be able to.

Strange brew day today. Small obstacles are having to weigh out small amounts of grain and hops, then having to crush a .5# of whole kernels with a rolling pin. All of the measuring and heating and mashing and lautering and boiling will take place during some renovation of the bathroom and mud room.

Brewing a small batch of Deception Stout today and bottling 5 gallons of Banana Bread Ale. SWMBO finished off honey wheat and started in on Blue Moon Clone. Hopefully the Coconut vanilla will be ready when BM is finished.:)

Cheers

With the Union picketing my place of work, looks like I have all week to brew. Thank you forced vacation!

My plan is to do a batch of Redneck Pale Ale Tuesday then maybe my Dark Mild Friday.

I'll be getting my big-batch-o-sour on. Going to brew 10 gals of Oud Bruin and 10 gals of a Flanders Pale Ale (or whatever you would call something like Petrus Aged Pale) on Sunday.

Long weekend coming up here in Ontario. I've got the fixin's for a vanilla porter. Need to bottle something first to make room in the fermenters.

Dirt wolf clone as long as I get the go ahead Sunday morning. Guess I gotta do something extra special tomorrow.

Doing my first parti-gyle today. The baltic porter is finished. I'm about to go add the hops for the all late hop American amber lager. I love parti-gyle. It feels like I'm getting an extra beer for free!

Planning on an APA Sunday and using some of my homegrown Cascade.

7 below tonight and cold tomorrow...really like brewing on a cold winter day!!

I will be trying out my new burner and 30qt pot tomorrow for my first full boil. I am trying to copy or see how close I can get to Pyramid Brewing's Lord Alesworth.

Brrr! It was a chilly day here in IL. Hats off to all who braved the cold weather to brew.

Pro-tip: bring your pump inside to let it thaw (super pro-tip: let your pump dry out completely in your house before putting in your garage where it would freeze up otherwise).

Brrr! It was a chilly day here in IL. Hats off to all who braved the cold weather to brew.

Pro-tip: bring your pump inside to let it thaw (super pro-tip: let your pump dry out completely in your house before putting in your garage where it would freeze up otherwise).

Same for any immersion chiller, hoses that are removable and even your grains unless you are making adjustments of 0 f grains.

I used to brag about how fun it was to brew in the bitter cold but these last two winters have cured me of that. I will either need to brew like mad in the 9 months of temperate weather or move a portion of the brewery to the basement. I just cleared a big portion of the basement for this reason. I just need to convert a burner to NG because I am not ready to deal with the fuel electric brewery insanity.

Been such a great brew WEEK! Thursday - made an Octoberfest starter. Friday, bottled NB's Waldo Amber Ale. Saturday - racked Conundrum to secondary and harvested/washed its yeast as well as bottled a 1-gallon oatmeal/coffee stout. Sunday - making a wheat starter and helping my buddy brew 10 gallons at his place. Monday - brew NB's Octoberfest. Wednesday - brew day at my house - NB American Wheat.

Did my second brew ever on Saturday-- a truebrew brown ale extract kit.

It seemed to go well even after a boil over. I forgot how vigorous the hot break was and was unprepared. I did my first brew back in the fall and then had some minor issues like a hip replacement and getting caught back up on business to interfere with brewing. My only concern is that I don't have the wort in pitch black darkness; lugging a 5 gallon bucket down to the cellar is not going to happen right know. The temperature is good though-- I keep a cold house, so fermenting on the first floor is fine and it is not in direct sunshine. Basement might actually be too cold.

Latest posts

Back