So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misplaced_Canuck said:
Trying to decide between all of these...

Cream ale
Kolsch
Mild
Alt
Black pilsener
California Common

M_C

I brewed a kolsch last sunday, first time. I think I'm brewing a pink elephant clone this weekend.

@Mknox -- Citra is tasty and works well as a dual-purpose hop. Centennial is a classic go-to, also.

We're doing an Imperial Cherry Porter on Saturday (basically a big Robust Porter that'll be aged on top of cherries). Exxccciiitteeedd!

My wife's out at a friend's for the night, so I'm brewing up the AHS Anniversary English Pale Ale I've been waiting to brew for a week. Because she's out, I get to stink up the house, getting around the burner problems I've been having ;)

Brewing up a St. Lupulin clone, another late Friday brew session. I need my Saturday mornings back.

Made 1 gallon of Skeeter Pee tonight, and am planning on making an Ordinary Bitter w/ American hops either Sunday or Monday.

Just finished up a batch actually. Brewed a Brewers Best Summer Ale extract kit with SWMBO tonight. She made it all the way up to wort chilling and then she went to bed.

Gotta my Mtn Island Watermelon Wheat cooking as we speak! Can't wait to give this one a try on a hot summer day! Once my blonde ale is finished my spring Mtn Island Maibock us up! What a great hobby!

I brewed an IPA last night.

I also ran the recirculation on my biab system, which went fairly well. I started brew day late since I had to install the ball valve on the brew pot, and also got started with my 2 current biggest beers, an almost 10% imperial rye ipa, and my 8+% porter, so needless to say it was an late but fun brew day.

Ended up with over 120 ibus at 1.070 - amarillo, simcoe, cascade and a bit of citra finishing. Thinking 1 oz of each for dry hop hoping, all but the cascade.

Anybody dry hopped with citra and simcoe? They both are very potent, and when I mixed them for the flame out hops, they had a slightly odd, but decent aroma. I was a little iffy tho. Should be a great beer either way, I'm excited!

Brewed 8g of Dunkelweizen yesterday. I lost over 5g from grain absorption and steam. Next time I'll just have to watch it carefully so I finish up with 10g.

Back