Suggested Dry Hop for hoppy Amber Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far, it's been all Columbus, .5 oz. at 60, 1 oz. at 15, .5 oz. at 5, and 1 oz. at flameout. I was planning on using my last 2 oz. of Columbus to dry hop, but may end up saving it to use as a bittering hop in my galaxy IPA.

Out of Cascade, Bravo, Summit, Citra, Galaxy, and Mosaic (and possibly one or both of the 2 oz. left of Columbus), what sounds like the best option or combination, and how much? I was planning on 3 oz. for 5 days, but am open to ideas.

This is my first beer (5 gallon batch).

I'd go with either Cascade or Citra. Either would complement the Columbus nicely.

Citra is crazy bitter. But I have a hard time with that grape fruit taste depending on what it's in.

Cascade, summit or citra. Cascade and Columbus are so amazing together. But I find that summit and citra work there way into my recipes most of the time.

Awesome, thanks for the responses!
I'll have to get my nose into all of these, and see what I think.

Edit: ok, decided to use 2 oz. of columbus for 7 days. So, it'll be an all-columbus hopped beer, which I'm okay with.

I'm brewing an IPA right now, where I'm mixing hop varieties.

Back