Good but slightly fruity...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrasty

Reaction score
Tasted my first batch last night after one week in the bottle (Alpine amber). It was pretty-much carbonated which was great, It tasted good as well, but it had that fruity undertone to it. Im not surprised tho, as the fermentation temps got pretty high up in the 80's. And ive heard that's what leads to those fruity flavours. My question is during conditioning time will the yeast break these fruity flavours back down to give me a better beer?? or is there anything i can do to lessen the "fruitiness?"

Cheers.

I've found that over time your beer will mature and mellow out a bit to be a little smoother. Whether or not if all of the "fruitiness" goes away, is hard to say. A week in the bottle is pretty young, I've found that at least a month or more in the bottle does most beers a lot of good.

Yeast was Nottingham (dry).

The fruitiness is actually fading a bit.. still there tho. I think its pretty good for my first batch though!! :D
Thanks guys!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back