New Belgium Spring Ale, Springboard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgo

Reaction score
Anyone else try this? I freakin' love the stuff.

Seems like New Belgium is one of the first breweries to address the hop shortage and experiment. They use wormwood, lycium and schisandra and also Mt. Hood hops. True to it's description, it's a cloudy blond. mmmm. Tasty tasty stuff.

Pretty sure they had this last year, or the past couple.

But yeah, I agree. Tasty stuff. Great blonde ale.

Their description: Deftly, this spring brewed venture lands on its feet. SPRINGBOARD combines oats, ancient Chinese herbs and Mt. Hood hops to maintain a balanced equilibrium for such an exhilirating ale. This cloudy blonde has a spirited threshold, and a creamy body, followed by a refreshingly dry finish.

I just finished working through a six of this from I think Friday last week. Different but good, someday I'll be in the mood for another sixer of it.

I drank three of them one night and didn't get any psychotropic effect from the wormwood that I noticed.

cowgo said:
Anyone else try this? I freakin' love the stuff.

Seems like New Belgium is one of the first breweries to address the hop shortage and experiment. They use wormwood, lycium and schisandra and also Mt. Hood hops. True to it's description, it's a cloudy blond. mmmm. Tasty tasty stuff.

Just finished my first bottle of it. Interesting . . . reminiscent of some beer I've had before but I can't put my finger on it. Looks like a blonde but tastes kind of like a golden strong ale. Probably won't buy it again.

Back