Modify William's Brewing O2 setup.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisoneguy

Reaction score
I purchased this from William's Brewing a few months ago, and it's worked great.

But I just found a great deal on craigslist: 2 full medical grade O2 tanks with regulators for $50. They come with a 1/4" barb, but the wand is maybe 1/8". Is there an adapter that I can buy?

Any other suggestions on how I can make this work? Thanks!

Don't know if it's illegal to own medical O2 tanks without a prescription, but I do know for sure that no place will fill them without a prescription.

Best solution is probably to find a bit of tubing to slip over the wand to build up the OD. Might need to get creative with wall thickness and material type. I had the opposite problem with my setup....tiny barb fitting on bernzomatic O2 canister going to 3/8" wand/stone. The pressures during O2 sparge are low, so you don't need to over-engineer it. Sounds like you now have a lifetime supply of O2 for your yeast!

BK

Don't know if it's illegal to own medical O2 tanks without a prescription, but I do know for sure that no place will fill them without a prescription.

not even a welding shop? i'll have to look more into this.

Back