which commercial beer do you prefer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what will be your choice

• Bud Light

• Coors

• Heineken

• Corona

• Molson

• Id rather die of thirst

Results are only viewable after voting.

ATM

Reaction score
if you have to choose a commercial beer to drink which one will you go for?

You left out quite a few potential choices, but in my opinion none would have mattered. If for some reason every single craft and microbrew were removed from the market and I was not allowed to homebrew, I would quit drinking beer.

I love Molson when I'm eating pizza and wings, and there's a cold Heiney in the fridge here at work that's calling to me... but if beer choices were suddenly limited to pale lagers, I'd be drinking a helluva lot less beer.

Is Sam Adams considered a big brew? If not I just go for the cheapest to stock the fridge for hot days and macro lovers, HIGH LIFE LITE!

I love Molson when I'm eating pizza and wings, and there's a cold Heiney in the fridge here at work that's calling to me... but if beer choices were suddenly limited to pale lagers, I'd be drinking a helluva lot less beer.

+1. Given the above choices I'd probably have to choose Molson.

I don't really understand. You're asking which commercial beer I prefer, but you're limiting my choices to a handful of crap? How are you defining "commercial beer?" As far as I'm concerned, anything brewed by Rogue or Stone qualifies as commercial beer, and I'd take any of their offerings over the slim pickings in your poll.

I don't really understand. You're asking which commercial beer I prefer, but you're limiting my choices to a handful of crap? How are you defining "commercial beer?" As far as I'm concerned, anything brewed by Rogue or Stone qualifies as commercial beer, and I'd take any of their offerings over the slim pickings in your poll.

Yuri has it.
I am also a big fan of Left Hand Brewery, Avery, and Odells.

You don't have to be a home brewer to enjoy good beer, and you don't have to limit your "Commercial Beer" Consumption. to Light American (Or Mexican or Canadian) Lager either. Most of the time, a good beer is only 2 or 3 doors down from where you're standing.

If i'm drinking "commerical american pils" then make it a PBR or die of thirst. However, if were putting Stone, Rogue, and Avery on the "commerical" wagon then I've got alot to think about.

Honestly, I can crush some Heineken. I really enjoy the stuff for some reason.

Now, I won't buy it because I think it's ridiculously overpriced, but I like it the best off that list.

I think some of those beers are actually very well brewed. If you have ever tried to replicate a beer of that style, you will see that they aren't always easy to brew.

I think a lot of people confuse styles they dislike with bad brewing. That's unfortunate, especially since light lagers are a very popular style of beer -- just not with me :cross:

Hieneken was my celebration beer. Always a case on my birthday. I'd start wit that, then coors light. I won't drink bud light, even if its free. Corona isn't one of my favorites either..

Good poll, makes you think.

if you had put Heineken in a can I would of voted for that. Im assuming you meant in the bottles so i voted Coors.

Labatt Blue. It's not widely available in some of the southern states, but it's everywhere here in Mi. It was the beer I moved to when I decided not to drink Bud Light anymore. Then when I was in Vegas and it wasn't available I took my first step in enjoying good beer with my first Chimay. I flat refuse to drink and Light (or Lite for that matter) beer anymore, Water tastes better.

I really like Sam Adams when I'm out and they don't have a "good" beer selection. SA is my "go to" beer when that's one of the choices on a list like yours.

If I had only that list, I'd go without (and I have done just that in a few places). I had iced tea Saturday night, when the very nice restaurant we were at in Milwaukee had no beer selection beyond BMC.

A better question to match the poll options would be:

"If you walk into a crumby bar/restaurant/party, have a great thirst for beer, and only the listed beers are available, which would you choose?"

I think it's an interesting poll if interpretted this way, as most of us have probably been in said situation before. Under such conditions, I usually end up reaching for corona.

I'll drink coors light when its a toss up, but all the guys at the firehouse are starting to drink Michelob Ultra Light, so I tried one the other day. I couldn't drink it. Tasted like carbonated, chlorinated water. Disgusting.

i don't drink any on that list... the only cheap commercial beer i ever buy is Highlife or MGD... and thats about it. those 2 seem to actually have some manner of flavor as opposed to all the rest that taste like grass soaked water.

Back