Sanitizing bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fermenator

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just had a question on bad water and cleaning my bottles. I have a strong sulfur and chlorine smell to my water at home and use spring water to brew with. You think it would be ok to sanitize my bottles as normal and rinse them with the sink water, just wondering if that would affect the final outcome of the beer. Just hate to buy more water to sanitize my bottles with. A house filtration system is just not possible at this time.

Thanks for your input!

yeah you should be fine sanitizing your bottles with tap water. All of that water will drip out when you dry it anyway, so I highly doubt there will be any residual aromas or flavors lingering.

Thanks guys, I think I will go with the no rinse sanitizer and bottle tree method. I was just worried that my crappy water might leave some cloudy reside in the bottles, but no worries, sanitizer it is!:mug:

Back