What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing a lemonade and. coconut rum came fix.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410131982.159383.jpg

Too many beers to list or take pictures of. Feeling fat and it's only week 1. :(

PS, if you're sharing your BBQ sauce Mark, I'd be interested as well.

My BBQ recipe for those who want it. The recipe makes 1 Qt. But I always double it because you lose volume as it thickens. From a double batch I end up with about 6 ounces under two quarts in the end.

1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce (less if using Tabasco, more if using Red Hot)
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons dry ground mustard
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups water

Combine everything in a large, heavy pot and stir until combined.
Heat at medium heat until boil then turn down to low simmer
Stir occasionally while simmering for 2-3 hours (until as thick as warm honey)
Cool and pour into jars.

My BBQ recipe for those who want it. The recipe makes 1 Qt. But I always double it because you lose volume as it thickens. From a double batch I end up with about 6 ounces under two quarts in the end.

1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce (less if using Tabasco, more if using Red Hot)
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons dry ground mustard
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups water

Combine everything in a large, heavy pot and stir until combined.
Heat at medium heat until boil then turn down to low simmer
Stir occasionally while simmering for 2-3 hours (until as thick as warm honey)
Cool and pour into jars.

Done.

Or, will be done this week. :)

Another coconut run and lemonade. Tanked

Conscious enoufht I amen dinner!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410134210.366607.jpg

That looks good. What is it?

HB vanilla binge with coffee.

I thin-sliced chicken breast and made a spice concoction with panko and breaded them. Cut fresh basil and mozzarella along with tomatoes. Done deal.

Remmy, it's sloppy Saturday, not Sunday! On to water here...

My liver never cared. :D.

I am 100% ****ing smacked. God. Help me.

Is this your first post here! If so, it is epic! That sounds damn delicious.

BBQ is a verb...

Drinking remaining 32 oz of wicked weed Bliss. Feeling buzzed. I'll admit, I'm drinking my emotions. It is awesome...the redskins are not. Bitches.

It's a nounf when I'm ****ed up. :ban:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410134594.740073.jpg
First taste of a melomel I made with my step-brother in January.

The backstory here is that he's 1 year older than me. He was always an AV club kind of guy and I was a Wrestling guy. One day, after playing a video game (which featured mead), we set about making our own mead. I forget the recipe (if there was one), but 6 months later, we decided it was time to take a taste from our Pepsi bottle fermentors (the "mead" was a mess of pellicle and mold) . Naturally, I made him drink it all and he got pretty sick (at least he vomited a few times).
That was my second homebrew experience. The first was a year earlier when we found one one of those "ferment in a bag" kits my stepdad had received as a gift in the 90's. We made it and it exploded in his closet while we were on vacation, ruining his entire wardrobe.

Now, I have 24 wine bottles of this stuff, so I'm hoping he'll enjoy it. I guess I was a pretty s***y stepbrother... :)

I thin-sliced chicken breast and made a spice concoction with panko and breaded them. Cut fresh basil and mozzarella along with tomatoes. Done deal.

My liver never cared. :D.

I am 100% ****ing smacked. God. Help me.

Weren't you reducing intake?

Now on an Erdinger Oktoberfest. Nice.

BTW, thanks to your boys for taking down the 'boys.

View attachment 222665

The backstory here is that he's 1 year older than me. He was always an AV club kind of guy and I was a Wrestling guy. One day, after playing a video game (which featured mead), we set about making our own mead. I forget the recipe (if there was one), but 6 months later, we decided it was time to take a taste from our Pepsi bottle fermentors (the "mead" was a mess of pellicle and mold) . Naturally, I made him drink it all and he got pretty sick (at least he vomited a few times).
That was my second homebrew experience. The first was a year earlier when we found one one of those "ferment in a bag" kits my stepdad had received as a gift in the 90's. We made it and it exploded in his closet while we were on vacation, ruining his entire wardrobe.

Now, I have 24 wine bottles of this stuff, so I'm hoping he'll enjoy it. I guess I was a pretty s***y stepbrother... :)

That's a great step-brother.

Weren't you reducing intake?

Now on an Erdinger Oktoberfest. Nice.

BTW, thanks to your boys for taking down the 'boys.

During the wek, yes. I lifted hard enogh ths week. The weights don't lie. This coming week, I will bring hell to the gym, again

about to put the hurt on someone :D

Sample of Sauvin Blanc- my farmhouse IPA. Starting to taste pretty good at 5 weeks in primary. Cant wait for the next step when I add oak chips I have soaking in Sauvignon Blanc. Probably be another couple/few weeks. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410137106.247576.jpg

Remmy, if I'm ever east coast or you end up in MN, we need to drink together. you'll drink me under the table, but it'll be a helluva ride getting there!

another CRye Guy with forgotten left over growler from OBC IPA. blended nicely!

I don't know about you but I did my yard work yesterday when it was like 90.

Gorgeous today in Minneapolis! Too bad I had some work to do in the morning, then some beer & basement work, then I got outside... for some more work. **** I deserve another good beer after this

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410140587.599792.jpg

My latest IPA, 2-infinity. Simcoe, Columbus and citra. It's gooooood.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 222665

Did you just become best friends? Did you want to do karate in the garage?

For some reason I have been reading this as the mint dingo and thinking it would be a good dessert beer.
Actually read the label as I opened it. I guess habanero is a good dessert flavor...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410142310.603395.jpg

My pumpkin porter from last year. There was some vegetable flavor with it almost every beer I've had till now. This is the best bottle, and so glad I still have a handful of bombers left. Poured a heavy head, but it's not over carbonated. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410146242.951928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back