What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1, coffee at work. Time to go home yet?

Work? Lame!
I feel terrible and I only had 4 beers, two of them were 4% and 5.2% the other two were 6.8% and 7.2%. All pints. I have some place to be so I can't sleep more. Sad faces.

But I did buy ingredients for my first all grain brew day tomorrow. That is if I can coil my copper right without a pipe bender. It never came after I ordered it and I cannot find them locally, not the small cheap ones.

Work? Lame!
I feel terrible and I only had 4 beers, two of them were 4% and 5.2% the other two were 6.8% and 7.2%. All pints. I have some place to be so I can't sleep more. Sad faces.

But I did buy ingredients for my first all grain brew day tomorrow. That is if I can coil my copper right without a pipe bender. It never came after I ordered it and I cannot find them locally, not the small cheap ones.

Wuss! I had 8 last night, all north of 8%. 4 x 8.8%, 2 x 8.1% and 2 x 10.5%. Now, having said that, I'm on the coff hard.

Work? Lame!

I coiled mine on a turkey fryer basket. It did it's job. Definitely recommend coiling it that way or something round you can use as support. Mine isn't pretty but gets the job done

Coffee while mashing an Oatmeal Stout.
syrare8e.jpg

Work? Lame!

I bought a stainless steel one cause I'm lazy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I've heard you can fill the tubing with sand to prevent kinking. How you get the sand in or back out, I have no idea.View attachment 170129
Morning coffee (brown ale). Finally brewing scuppernong saison.

if it was dry sand in dry tubing, that would work. you'd want to use some kind of real fine sand like people do for decorative bottles, not like the beach sand. the fine stuff would be kind of a pain to get out. and would be more difficult the smaller the tubing.

final sample before bottling my cinnamon apfelwein. Cant taste the cinnamon, it may shine later but either way its great for 8.7%

2014-01-04 10.37.31.jpg

Starting the day with a Sculpin. Damn kids destroyed the house, and the almost 3 yr old niece dumped all my fish food into my tank. Cleaning.Not how I planned to spend my day...

1388855053435.jpg

Starting the day with a Sculpin. Damn kids destroyed the house, and the almost 3 yr old niece dumped all my fish food into my tank. Cleaning.Not how I planned to spend my day...

That sucks! At least you have a good beer to help ease the pain. :mug:

Having some water after doing some cleaning in the cellar & basement. I'd say I'm only about 10% through what needs to get done.

Having some water after doing some cleaning in the cellar & basement. I'd say I'm only about 10% through what needs to get done.

You picking out all the beers you shouldn't be cellaring to move to the fridge? I think once I get my boil started I'm going to see if my salt cured ham is edible.:eek:

You picking out all the beers you shouldn't be cellaring to move to the fridge? I think once I get my boil started I'm going to see if my salt cured ham is edible.:eek:

Started ... But I need to do more culling. Decided to pull a same of BDSA which has been on figs for the last two months. Tasting real good - I can tell the alcohol is there, but it is mellow. Will probably leave it on the figs until the end of the month and then rack over and age it with some wood before I bottle in May.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388856476.976107.jpg

Yup. Good stuff! Time for my last Sculpin while having lunch with just my kids before more cleaning. Homemade sauce, fresh mozz, and freshly cut pepperoni. Yummm

Started ... But I need to do more culling. Decided to pull a same of BDSA which has been on figs for the last two months. Tasting real good - I can tell the alcohol is there, but it is mellow. Will probably leave it on the figs until the end of the month and then rack over and age it with some wood before I bottle in May.
View attachment 170138

Looks good. Why rack off the figs? Sample looks pretty clear already. Do you use a paint strainer bag and racking cane when you're racking off of fruit or dry hops? I'd just add the cubes, personally.

Going to get your lamebic brewed this weekend?

Sampled the saison again, down to 1.008 in 6 days, slower than i expected, but still happy about it. Tastes great! Going to split the batch and funk one half.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

why are all the photos appearing twice?

Coffee wearing off...must...get...more....

It's a bug with the new app on iPhones.

Looks good. Why rack off the figs? Sample looks pretty clear already. Do you use a paint strainer bag and racking cane when you're racking off of fruit or dry hops? I'd just add the cubes, personally.

Going to get your lamebic brewed this weekend?

I have a 300 micron SS tube I insert into the carboy and then put the racking cane inside that. Main reason I would rack it is there is t enough room for cubes - although I suppose I could just take a bigger sample at thee doff the month to make room :D

No go on the lambeec - as I expected, my supplies won't be here in time...

Having another stout at room temp. Love these.

Don't know why, but I'm listening to Phil Collins - Easy Lover as I review direct reports' performance appraisals. Might have to review these when I'm not drinking.

NFL Playoffs can't come soon enough. Go Niners!

View attachment 170153

why do you hate your brain?

My brain is OK and will be just fine, so long as I don't overdo it with the Night Train. I call it "choo-choo juice" every time we pop a bottle of this open. It's more of a novelty as I grew up a big GnR fan and so did my friends. But we drink it from time to time.

Marris otter Columbus SMaSH keeps getting better, amazed at how clear she came out for my first all grain brew
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388864165.582213.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388864216.133033.jpg

Maybe not crystal clear but better then anything else I ever done lol

Back