DIY stainless twin tap tower for 61 bucks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarJohnson

Reaction score
I thought I would post this for others to see. I picked up a great Kenmore mini fridge on craiglist for 40 bucks so a new kegerator was in order. Fridge was easy as it was a model with no freezer, simple as drilling the hole and that part was done. Already had two perlick faucets on my big fridge so I wanted a cheap project. The prospect of a 150.00 twin tap online was not welcome.

Solution-I bought two elbow shanks (originally part of a 1 to 2 tower conversion kit) from my local northern brewer for 22.50 each. I admit I did get a 10% discount.

Heres the cool part for the tower-
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=126410&RN=716&

I'm sorry if I'm stealing anyone's previous work as I have yet to see it here. Yes that's right... a toilet brush holder from Bed Bath and Beyond. Get this, it is stainless and the exact dimensions of a traditional tower. 12 inches high 3 inch diameter. Cost 16 bucks after a 20% coupon. Drill mounting holes, drill shank holes, insulate and use a really long screw driver to mount. They actually have other styles and choices that would certainly work. Just be careful because some have a visible seam. This one does not.

One complete stainless twin tap tower for 61 bucks! In my case new kegerator for 100.00!

Tapper.jpg

update with photos of the finished product

I am curious to see how you mount this seeing how it doesn't have a flange at the bottom.

-=Jason=-

It's brushed stainless quality unknown. For 16 bucks I figure I can replace it, buff it etc. Alright I will update my account to post pics.
Just updated will post pics tonight.

Looks perfect, good find. How did you mount it to the kegerator? Are you using the bottom of the brush holder as the top? :mug:

Yeah brush fits inside and cap screws off. Drilled hole in bottom for lines, four more to mount. Top of fridge comes off and I did the wood insert like others. Screwed it down to the wood from the inside with long ass screw driver!

For mounting it I would run a piece of allthread through the center of the tower and cap it with a stainless acorn nut...

I admit you now have me thinking about using the brush as a tap handle. I better get it back from my kids before it's used! As far as mounting goes the wood block provided enough stability to mount to. I have to spray foam the inside tonight. I ran the copper tubes last night for the lines.

SugarJohnson said:
Yeah brush fits inside and cap screws off. Drilled hole in bottom for lines, four more to mount. Top of fridge comes off and I did the wood insert like others. Screwed it down to the wood from the inside with long ass screw driver!

Very cool. Thinking about building a second kegerator. This would save some money as well as it looks great. Good post.

I admit you now have me thinking about using the brush as a tap handle. I better get it back from my kids before it's used! As far as mounting goes the wood block provided enough stability to mount to. I have to spray foam the inside tonight. I ran the copper tubes last night for the lines.

The burning question on my my mind is where is this going in your house? In the Master Bathroom? :mug:

Man that is K00L! I've been trying to figure out how to talk the SWMNBO into a new SS tower -with THIS project I could have the tower AND a pair of Perlics with it, and still be cheaper than getting the tower!
I hope it DOESN'T rust, but if it does, it should be a while (I hope) before it would. Either way, I'm buildin' this baby and tapping some beer!

ok, so how did you drill holes (big enough) for the faucets? Do you have some pics available for us?

I didnt see anymore pics in your gallery....are you using something like this to mount your taps?

21BFGLYZ6wL._AA160_.jpg

How is this type of adaptor held into the tower?

I bought the brush that you have linked in the first post, but it doesn't have the fancy top or bottom, it's just straight up and down. Did you buy extra parts for the top and bottom, or is the link wrong? Either way, I'm adding this to a Rolling Kegerator - should be pretty sweet!

Latest posts

Back