Non WARPING Gott Industrial 10 Gal. Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
So many people have reported on this forum that their 10 gal. Rubbermaid coolers warpped when they put hot water in it. I decided to post this thread.

I have a Gott Industrial 10 Gal. cooler that I've dumped water in up to 185*F with no warping at all. I've had it well over a year now.

I don't know what the difference is. Rubbermaid bought Gott out a few years ago but I did pay a few more $ than what everyone reports they paid Home Depot so I suspect there is a difference. It was pure dumb luck on my part as I bought it in the winter when there weren't any coolers at Home Depot so I had to find one online.

Just wanted anyone considering a new mash tun to be aware.:mug:

My coleman extreme rectangular cooler has had water in it up to 190 degrees with no issues.

I had my heating element plugged in and didn't realize that my new digital thermomter only went to the set point (168 at the time) and then blinked if the water was higher. I let it run about 15 minutes before I realized what was going on and after adjusting the set point, it suddenly said 192!!! yowser

Yes I've never heard of anyone with an Extreme or Max Cold report warping issues.

I just recently warped mine. I put boiling water in it, and it warped on one side. I used it for well over a year before I did that though, and it was my own fault.

YooperBrew said:
I just recently warped mine. I put boiling water in it, and it warped on one side. I used it for well over a year before I did that though, and it was my own fault.

That's fine, im warped on one side too.:cross:

That's what I use. Yup, no warping...

4120-P3040004.JPG

:mug:

Back