First Beer... Paranoid or Problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infernalpeach

Reaction score
My first batch of beer is currently in the fermenter. It has definetly begun fermenting as I have observed bubbling in the airlock as well as yeasty deposits on top. However, my beer is very cloudy and looks like apple cider. It has only been in the fermenter for three days but bubbling in the airlock has slowed down to once every minute. Is fermentation done and my beer is just foggy for some other reason, or should I give it more time?

Fermenting beer is cloudy... It is going I be cloudy for a while even after fermentation. Just relax. Let it go for a 2-3 weeks before even looking at it.

Perfectly normal. After 2-3 weeks in the fermenter most of the yeast usually drops out and you will end up with a fairly clear beer. If you want to help it along you can stick it in the fridge for a day or two (cold crash) before you bottle. This will help drop the yeast and/or hop material out of suspension.

moorerm04 said:
Fermenting beer is cloudy... It is going I be cloudy for a while even after fermentation. Just relax. Let it go for a 2-3 weeks before even looking at it.

+1. Just let it do its thing for a week or two. You will go crazy watching it every minute. It will be a great brew.

Back