What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some honkers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

1388369268296.jpg

Why do they suck? And one extract recipe actually calls for 16 oz of bourbon. :confused:

The surface area to volume ratio is too great. Cubes are much better. Wow, I can't see adding that much liqour to a beer.

I'm drinking PBR. Was in the mood for some red beer, finishing the can on it's own. No, I'm not out of homebrew and I've probably got three cases of commercial beer in the cellar. Just felt like drinking PBR. :D

The surface area to volume ratio is too great. Cubes are much better. Wow, I can't see adding that much liqour to a beer.

I'm drinking PBR. Was in the mood for some red beer, finishing the can on it's own. No, I'm not out of homebrew and I've probably got three cases of commercial beer in the cellar. Just felt like drinking PBR. :D

I don't have to add all 11 oz to the beer. It's not as though I have. I will add the chips though. I think opinions vary on this frankly. I'll know soon enough whether I think oak chips suck too. I'm one to try it anyway mostly because I think that's what brewing is about. ;) I'll just be sure not to send any to you if we do another trade.

Ok so left the inlaws and went to a bottle shop in Lansing befire hitting the road home. (Got some good stuff) but saw a few Evil Twin offerings, which Ive never seen in Michigan but what is avg price for bombers like Biscotti. Abd what about six packs? Pretty sure this place is gouging the s#it out of it.

What??? No more Norwhal???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

I don't have to add all 11 oz to the beer. It's not as though I have. I will add the chips though. I think opinions vary on this frankly. I'll know soon enough whether I think oak chips suck too. I'm one to try it anyway mostly because I think that's what brewing is about. ;) I'll just be sure not to send any to you if we do another trade.

I'm sure you know the old saying about opinions. I'm sure some folks think chips are great, but they happen to be wrong.

Another trade?

I'm sure you know the old saying about opinions. I'm sure some folks think chips are great, but they happen to be wrong.

Another trade?

Probably, eventually. I gotta make good on the fantasy football beer and wait until another couple pay days have passed.

That sounds like a great combination for an IPA. I really enjoy brewing with all of those hops but never had them in the same beer. Going to be brewing a simcoe/CTZ IPA tomorrow.

It's like they were meant for each other, it's really a fabulous combination.
I probably do 30 gallons a year just for this recipe as everyone enjoys it and it uses up some of the rather bountiful yields we've had the last few years.

Also trying to use up my home-growns, I have a Centennial SMaSH lurking in the back of my carbonation fridge that should be ready any day now. A half pound (dry weight) of cones went into this one. The last racking sure tasted good!

Cheers!

Probably, eventually. I gotta make good on the fantasy football beer and wait until another couple pay days have passed.

I think you're in a steak coma. We've never traded. ;)

Wild cider I bottled still with brett anomla thinking it might eventualy carb up or maybe the brett would at least clean up after the wild yeasts. Still flat, but tasting much cleaner than when it was bottled. Looking forward to experimenting with cider again next year.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388372384.481252.jpg
Save the Cave by Freetail Brewing Co. $5 a bottle goes towards saving the bat population in San Antonio. Has a slight wit flavor with a small amount of head. Very drinkable beer

You're drinking PBR and you're trying to give advice on what sucks to use in beer? Right.........

You're drinking PBR and you're trying to give advice on what sucks to use in beer? Right.........

I Know...it's like Wes trying to give home remodeling advice... :)

Wow!! Sweet deal. I think it was like 15 here. Dont get me wrong bcbs is probably one of the better beers I have had the pleasure of trying. .. the thing is tho. . And this just might be me, I felt like I developed acid reflux after two beers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Still have it in my corner IBA market. $15.95/btl tho. :\

I Know...it's like Wes trying to give home remodeling advice... :)

I'm a damn fine home remodeler, just took a lot more time than I would've liked because I couldn't afford to hire anybody.
Actually it'd be more like the morons who built this house giving home building advice. I really wish I would've taken pictures of all the things that we found that were done way wrong. That's been most of the battle.

I'm a damn fine home remodeler, just took a lot more time than I would've liked because I couldn't afford to hire anybody.
Actually it'd be more like the morons who built this house giving home building advice. I really wish I would've taken pictures of all the things that we found that were done way wrong. That's been most of the battle.

I bet. There are things that you find and wonder "why the hell did I pay a home inspection fee" when you actually find the important things. And by important, I'm talking about $$$$. Thank god for beer. Hey Wes, the next home owners will thank you for quality work. ;)

Latest posts

Back