Best Automated System for NE-Style IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larsdog

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently moved from Brooklyn to Seattle and while I'm enjoying the local brews here in the PNW, I dearly miss the Grimm, Other Half, and Maine Beer IPAs that were a staple of my life on the east coast. I need homebrewing to fill the void!

Ideally I'd invest in an all-grain setup, but since I live in an 800 sq ft. apartment that's not a possibility. I've been looking into the Zymatic, Brewie, Grainfather, and Braumeister and all seem to have their relative pluses and minuses. I'm trying to figure out which of these has the flexibility to brew super-hoppy IPAs (i.e. allows whirlpool and dry hopping, can chill wort quickly, can handle high gravity) while taking up the least amount of space.

Any recommendations for one system over the other? Any experience brewing NE IPAs with these options and tips on how to approach? Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back