House goes on the market tomorrow.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Just met up with the realtor, and our house is posted as going on the market tomorrow. Time to put some lipstick on this pig and get her ready to roast. Also, had the inspection today on the new house. The inspector gave it two big thumbs up and said there are just a few minor repairs needed.

I need to figure out what to do with all my brew gear now. It really does take up a lot of garage space.

RichBrewer said:
Good luck Cheese. I hope you make a boat load of cash on the old house!

We're hoping to net profit 50-60k on the house. Realtor fees sure aren't cheap! But no one in our neighborhood has sold their home without one, no matter how long they tried.

I might get to build a brew sculpture soon! Well, maybe.

Cheesefood said:
Just met up with the realtor, and our house is posted as going on the market tomorrow. Time to put some lipstick on this pig and get her ready to roast. Also, had the inspection today on the new house. The inspector gave it two big thumbs up and said there are just a few minor repairs needed.

I need to figure out what to do with all my brew gear now. It really does take up a lot of garage space.

Big time congrats man! More space is a wonderful thing!

However, are you talking about what to do with the gear while the house is on the market? I'd say leave it out, and let them ask... Make it nice and organized mind you, but you might as well promote the brew and maybe make a convert... and a profit (I hope) while you're at it... :D

Nothing like helping out the cause. :rockin:

Ize

This guy came in at the high end at 6%, but offered to go down to 5% if we wanted. His reasoning for 6% is that he's offering 3% split, which is very attractive to other realtors. It's going to be listed with ReMax. Not cheap, but they do have the marketing. Two of my friends bought from this guy and liked him, that's why we're listing with him.

It's amazing to me that even though the market has appreciated to record heights, realtors are making 5-10x what they were 5 years ago for the same exact amount of work. This is like a waitress at Denny's pulling in $100 tips per table.

Bobby_M said:
It's amazing to me that even though the market has appreciated to record heights, realtors are making 5-10x what they were 5 years ago for the same exact amount of work. This is like a waitress at Denny's pulling in $100 tips per table.

Yes, but the advent of the internet has created a monopoly on the market. You can't get your place listed on the MLS unless a realtor lists it. And everyone checks the MLS.

Dude said:
Cheese, I must have missed the thread where you said you were selling. Good luck to you guys. Tough time to sell right now isn't it?

Tough, but not impossible, and I live in a very good area near a lot of big businesses (Motorola WHQ, AC Nielsen, IBM, Zurich's North American HQ, and one of the biggest malls in the world). I'm not going to get as much as I would have last year, but I'll still make a good profit after taxes and fees.

Latest posts

Back