Started bottling. No caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dand9066

Reaction score
I just boiled my sugar water and started syphoning the beer onto it in my bottling bucket. No caps. This is a wheat beer extract from NB but I cold crashed it for the past 2 days to see if I could notice it being clearer than my first batch of this same beer. I figured when I bottled any yeast would not be active and it would take longer to carb because of that.

Will this be alright to sit for 12 hours until I get caps?
Should I leave it at room temp and let it warm or put it back in the fridge until I can finish bottling?
Will I need to add more priming sugar?

Thanks in advance!

I bottled it about 16 hrs later and there was no movement in my gravity. Both days 1.010

Will do. I didn't stir it when I was ready to bottle which I probably should have and forgot.

Yeah I stir, but very gently, don't want to oxidize the beer. The times I haven't stirred I have noticed inconsistent carbonation.

I didn't stir my first batch but had a nice syphon whirlpool going. No inconsistencies. I'm expecting them with this batch though. At least it was only 2.5 gal cause the other half was secondaried on strawberries. Will be bottling that this weekend I believe.

So its been about 2 weeks since I bottled and I cracked the first one tonight. Carbed up good. A lot clearer than my first beer of the same kind. Still gonna let it sit longer. Head retention is not great and wasn't with my first batch either.

When I bottled my first beer, I let it sit in the bottling carboy over night with the priming sugar in it.

All the bottles have been fine when opened.

Here is the no bottle cap wheat extract.

IMG_0573.jpg

photo.jpg

Latest posts

Back