Great Winter Warmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simplytraffic

Reaction score
My son and I brewed a great tasting Winter Warmer. Best ale we have brewed so far. I think our fourth batch of beer. Very clean tasting, good head, nice aroma, well balanced. We were both very pleased with it. Previous brews have been acceptable but had a "homebrew" sort of taste. I don't know how to describe that. Maybe others of you do and can explain why. I was beginning to think all homebrews have that tasted because they sit on the yeast or something. Not sure. But this beer turned out really nice. Maybe it is because it is a darker beer. Not sure. Any explanations.

Good to hear your batch turned out great.

Post your recipe, yeast, hop schedule, etc and we can better assist you in answering your questions.

My son and I brew too, it is a great time. We have gotten darker with our beers and they have tasted better as well. One factor for us though is the fermenting temps. they have gone down and more consistant since the summer when we started. In the summer our brown ales and Hefs were at mid to high seventies. the porter and stout we have done are in the mid sixties and they are a little cleaner. We also ferment longer from 2 weeks to 4 weeks now.
Good luck:mug:

Back